We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace! Any questions?????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alpharetta, Georgia
reviews: 2
Moon Palace! Any questions?????

Great time at Moon Palace! Any questions?????

Texas
reviews: 1
1. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

My wife and I just returned from the Moon Palace. The mosquitos were unreal. Also, the hotel staff was not much help in working with me to report my digital camera being stolen. The food was below average in my opinion. The drinks were great though.

USA, Tennessee
2. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

Brierfield, did you have a good time? I know you had been on here for sometime before your trip--so what did you think?

USA, Tennessee
3. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

Oh, and I know this should go on the Atlanta forum, but since you're here . . . we'll be in Atlanta in a couple of weeks for a Braves game, staying in Buckhead, and we'll have our toddler with us. The game is a night game, so we'll have all day Saturday. Can you recommend some things to do in or near Buckhead that a 2 1/2 year old would enjoy? (Sorry to hijack your Moon Palace thread)

Edmonds, Washington
reviews: 4
4. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

Welcome back, brierfield!

Did you post your MP Review yet? If so I'll look for it. In the meantime, here are some basic ?? OK....

What about pictures? (Love to see those pictures!)

How was the weather? Would you recommend the disco? Best restaurant overall? Did you get the chance to take the free shuttle to other palace resort beaches? Favorite drink? Free tours?

Glad to hear you had a terrific vacation! We arrive on Aug.15th but are already worried about these hurricanes that are coming one on top of the other!!

Thanks Much,

Soon2Moon

GEORGIA
5. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

Welcome Back! Couple of questions... Did you use the kid's club & how was it if you did? What side did you stay on and which would you recommend? Pool & pool lounges crowded? Any included tours or other Palace properties that you would recommend? OK, so maybe a couple more than a couple of questions. Thanks!

Alpharetta, Georgia
6. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

Hi all, (this is long)

I am planning on writing my review, but have not gotten to it yet. We would go back again. I may be one of the pickiest people in the world and I was very happy.

We were supposed to stay on the Sunrise side and that is where the shuttle dropped us off. When we went to check in, they informed us that we were on the Nuzic side. After that, check-in went very smoothly. We LOVED staying on the Nizuc side. Would stay on that side again!!!

My boys are 8 & 11 and when we went to look in the Kids Club, there were only girls and the oldest was probably 9. We did not use it at all. The boys had a blast just hanging in the pool. There were plenty of activities all day. My oldest loved the water volleyball. They also went kayaking several times. The hotel was completely sold-out. There were families everywhere.

We took the Tulum/Xpu-Ha tour. That was good. It was very hot that day and the mosquitos started biting. Bring your bug spray. Also, wear your bathing suits under your clothes. You can dip in the beach after the formal tour and it is so hot that you will want to jump in. Everyone loved snorkeling at Xpu-Ha, then we relaxed on the beach. We took the excursion to Isla Mujueres. We loved that too. My husband and oldest son took a snorkeling tour out at the reef and LOVED it. I stayed at the beach club with my youngest. There was plenty to do: water slide, nurse shark in a pen, shopping and plenty of food and drinks. My son got his henna tatoo there and we got it for only $12. The silver and torquiose were good there too. We took a free shuttle to the mall and then walked to the Beach Palace for some beach time. The water was VERY rough that day. My little one could only play in the waves for a short time, b/c I had to hold him everytime a wave came and I was getting tired. The water was beautiful, but the beach was small and the sun did not come over the hotel. If I were going to go to a beach day, I would go to the Cancun Palace. We didn't get there, but were not impressed with the Beach Palace.

The food was good, not great. We liked the Trattoria at the Golf Club. I think that it is new. It has a dress code, no pants. Breakfast was good everywhere as was lunch. We ate lunch poolside, when we ate it. There is so much food that we were never hungry for lunch. One of the poolside restaurants, grills to order. My son liked the grilled cheese and the other liked the cheeseburgers.

We really liked it and would go back (to the Nizuc side). The Nizuc side was very family oriented. Of course right by the swim up bar are some single? and partying people, but the majority was families.

By the way, no rain at all. We were hoping for a rain day to go into town and we never got one, so we went anyway. You need to get up early to get chairs under a palapa (umbrella). It is worth it, the sun is very strong. We sat under palapas almost all day and still got a lot of sun. You just can't help it. We even had 45 or 50 spf and everyone is still very brown.

Any more questions???

Alpharetta, Georgia
7. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

sbp tennessee,

There is a good children's museum in mid town. Your 2 1/2 yr. old will love it. Here is the website:

www.imagineit-cma.org

It is close to Centennial Park and that is worth checking out. The Varsity is close by there for lunch. NOTHING fancy, but a landmark. My boys love it (I hate it).

I'll get back to you with a couple of more ideas. My #1 choice would be the museum.

Trussville, Alabama
reviews: 1
8. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

More about your trip from Moon Palace to Isla Mujeres. Did you catch the boat at Moon Palace? How long did it take? Do you know what beach you went to on the island?

Alpharetta, Georgia
9. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

You take a bus to Fat Tuesday and get on a double decker boat from there. I don't know what beach we were on. It is the one owned by Palace resorts. That must be where all of the tours from the Palace resorts go. There were Palace employees working at the beach club. Bring your towel cards so that you can get towels.

Alpharetta, Georgia
10. Re: Moon Palace! Any questions?????

You meet in the front of the resort at 7 for the bus and get back to the hotel at about 4. It is about a 40 minute drive to Fat Tuesdays and about a 35-45 minute boat ride to the island.