We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 50
Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

Where should we stay if we go to Playa? We want AI, relaxing during the day, Excellent food, and a good night life on the resort(not too wild, not too mild), and a place with less children and teenagers. Thanks!

mexico
1. Re: Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

I don;t know how many all inclusives they have in playa. I know they have lots of boutique hotels. I cannot tell you a hotel but you may want to check out Deseo hotel at night. I stay at deseo in Playa because I love the cool trendy feel to it. It turns into a wicked bar at night on the roof. On 5th avenue.

Also Blue parrot is another hotel on the beach, I dont know if it offers all inclusive but they have a great nightlife with a club on the beach that brings flocks of people from everywhere.

Also hang out at Mamitas beach. It is completely to your left of the regular beach with great funky house music and lots of people having fun.

Enjoy!

Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
reviews: 18
2. Re: Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

There are plenty of AI's in Playa. The resort with the best food is the Royal Hideaway, but too quiet for anyone in their 20's. The RIU's, Iberostar resorts are good. You should really think about staying in one of the boutique hotels along the beach though. Playa has some of the best food in all of Mexico. Also lots of shopping and plenty of nightlife. If you're in an AI, you'll probably feel you should eat their food and go to their bars. You'll miss out completely on what Playa has to offer. The food is very reasonably priced also. If you go to travelyucatan.com, you can find restaurants where the local eat and they have the best food. You can walk everywhere in Playa and feel safe. You can find the boutique hotels on this site also.

ohio
reviews: 3
3. Re: Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

stay in town. do go to mamitas for the day. you will not be sorry...

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 98
4. Re: Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

We are looking at maybe the Kinbe, right on/off 5th Ave-the main drag for activity. It's about $40 a night for a very basic room. You are right w/in walking distance of tons of restaurants, bars, shopping. Keep in mind, there are many many of these small hotels along or just off of 5th ave.

There are also many nice ai resorts around the area, but then you will most likely require a taxi ride to get to anything, or you will want to just stay on the resort. I would then suggest one of the Riu or Iberostar resorts.

You might want to also check out the Playa del Carmen board. It's a bit quieter, but you might find more fo the info that you are looking for there.

Have fun!

mexico
5. Re: Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

you should do a search on Playa del carmen beachfront hotels. Next to Blue Parrot hotel are many other little hotels that are reasonably priced and near the 5th avenue action but you still get the beauty of waking up on the ocean front. These hotels are not AI. Blue Parrot is an example of a boutique hotel on the beach.

Playa does have some great restaurants which can also be very expensive depending on what you try. Ideally if you can find a hotel...I see one all the time that is an AI near everything and looks beautful that would be ideal. I find its much nicer to do an all inclusive so you can order as many drinks as you want, eat whenever and whatever you want and never have to worry about money. I would take a day or two that you eat out of the hotel just to try something else. I guess it depends what you guys are looking for.

Whatever you decide I am sure you will enjoy.Just make sure that if you choose a AI hotel in Playa that it is in walking distance to 5th avenue and Mamitas etc. I have heard that many AI are a taxi ride away from the action which is probably not ideal when so much is happening in the heart of Playa.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 98
6. Re: Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

I believe the Gran Porto Real is ai and walking distance from 5th ave. Pictures look nice, I've checked it out a bit myself. Fairly good reviews, you might want to research.

sherman, tx
7. Re: Playa-Where to stay? mid-20's, 4 ladies- AI

I've been over on the playa board and everyone is recommending the iberostars. The Tucan/Quetzal are in the playcar area which apparently is a $4 taxi ride from playa del carmen. People are also recommending the rui's too.