We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

Has anyone taken a daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

You will have alot of fun just getting there & back. What do you want to know?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2. Re: Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

Well...there's going to be 3 of us (34,32,12) and I am just wondering if there are organized tours that I can book from the hotel (staying at CPC) or if it's better to venture out and find a tour company on my own.

What are some of the things to do in Cozumel? I have read about driving to another town to get on a boat to get there...wondering how all that goes?

also curious about cost?

Saint Louis...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

From Cancun go to Playa Del Carmen, about 40 miles south, down the nice new hiway. There is a public bus that makes the trip cheap, the Riviera/ADO. $6.00

The bus terminal in Playa is about 2 blocks walk to the Ferry to Cozumel. Ferry runs every hour. costs $18.00 round trip. Crossing takes about 45 minutes and is alot of fun.

Lots to see in PDC, shopping on 5th Ave. (the main St. is closed to auto traffic) There is a neat, fun little open air restaurant on the end of the ferry pier to sit just feet from the ocean (Sr. Frogs) Don't miss it.

Once in Coz. there are tour salesmen lined up on the pier and street to sell you every kind of tour you can want. Also taxi

s are easy to get.

Good web sites that have details are:

www.mapchick.com

www.iloveplaya.com

(this would be the cheap way to do it)

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 91
4. Re: Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

I was in Cozumel last Dec, we did the opposite and went to Cancun for the DAy. If you get to Cozumel, there are some parks you can go to snorkel, etc. Shopping isn't very fun or exciting in Cozumel, my opinion. Loved PDC much much more. But it is fun to maybe rent a jeep or find a way to get to the other side of Cozumel. No electricity there, but fun little bars all along the coast, and beautiful beaches on that side. We found someone (an american) that took us and we stopped at all the bars along the way and made an afternoon of it. It was better scenery. Otherwise, I'd spend my time having fun in PDC, personally.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5. Re: Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

thanks for the great info!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 59
6. Re: Daytrip to Cozumel from Cancun?

I wouldnt waste money booking any tour to Cozumel. Very easy to take the Riviera bus to Playa and then the ferry to Cozumel. Both run frequently.