We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Weather in May

Hi!

I wonder if anyone can give me a true reflection of what the weather is like from the middle of May until the end of May. Ive researched and found a lot of conflicting information. Im due to go in 3 weeks time and getting quite worried as at the moment it seems to be peaking at 27 degrees. I was hoping it would be hotter than that! Have I chose the wrong month to visit????

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 3
1. Re: Weather in May

Rest assured, Cancun will be warm at night and hot during the day by mid May and into June. Temps will likely average in the mid eighties(80's F) and reach into the 90+ F degree range, particularly towards the end of the month. Sunbathing and tanning will be of little worry for those looking for balmy tropical weather to do such.

You'll likely see an intermittent shower here and there that will end as quickly as it began due to the beginning of the spring rain season. The interior areas, away from the coast will be very hot at times with high humidity, and more chance of rain.

uk
2. Re: Weather in May

Thanks for that! It is to be my first time in cancun, and after all the money ive spent (not just on the hotel & flights, but bikinis too!!!!) i would like to enjoy the hot weather. So thanks, youve helped put my mind at ease!

sunderland u.k.
reviews: 2
3. Re: Weather in May

Hi oasis. We went last May 21 & it was red hot. One or two overcast days but thats nothing when you are there for a fortnight. We usually go in November & its still hot then. This year we are going the back end of Agust for the first time. Hope we made the right choice! Have a great trip.

uk
4. Re: Weather in May

Thanks for that. I cant wait now. 3 week today! Hope you enjoy your trip too!!!

Scotland
reviews: 8
5. Re: Weather in May

Just to add to that we were there in last two weeks of May last year and weather was lovely. We are going again this year in May again to get married, we loved Mexico so much couldn't think of a better place.

You will have a great time.

uk
6. Re: Weather in May

Thanks for your reply. Good luck with your wedding! Cancun looks like a beautiful place, im sure your wedding will be perfect!

Winchester, VA
reviews: 14
7. Re: Weather in May

I have went to Cancun for the last three years during the second week of May and the weather has been absolutely perfect. Of the three years we went, the rain has been minimal (quite refreshing actually) and the sun just a shining...you will definitely enjoy the weather.

We are going in June this year...I've heard it can be quite rainy - I have my fingers crossed :)

Hope you enjoy it!

uk
8. Re: Weather in May

Im sure June will be fine for you. Im glad the weather in May is normally nice. I m counting the hours away. Enjoy your trip too!!!

Liverpool
reviews: 5
9. Re: Weather in May

oasis

we went last may and are returning this may

weather is gorgeous - we had two cloudy days when i rained once but it was a relief it cooled it down - we stll went swimmin and that in the pools as it was still warm

where u stayin

jo

uk
10. Re: Weather in May

Sounds as if I may enjoy a little rain to cool me down! Cant wait now 22 days and counting!!!!!