We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Looking for taxco jewelry designer

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Taxco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
Looking for taxco jewelry designer

I have a store in Colorado and I sell alot of silver jewelry. I am looking for places to buy wholesale, as well as design a line of jewelry for me. Also, do I need a translator to do business with the factories? Any ideas on how to get started? Also, I am 55 and want a place that is very comfortable to stay in, semi luxurious with a pool....help me out. I am open to all suggestions....

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 17
1. Re: Looking for taxco jewelry designer

Advise?

Travel to Taxco . . . spend a week or two . . . meet people . . . visit the Saturday silver market . . . visit the designers who are there . . . get to know people one-on-one . . . then you'll know most of what you want to know. This isn't something that can be done via the internet or on a long-distance call.

Mexicans like to be face-to-face with people before talking business . . . it's a more personal process there than what we have in he USA.

Elsewhere on this TA website you'll find Taxco hotel listings and possibly some user reviews. As for the guidebooks, have a look to see what they say - I like both the Lonely Planet and Moon books. And, the www is full of information on Taxco, let your fingers do the wandering.

Best of luck.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
2. Re: Looking for taxco jewelry designer

Taxco is fantastic! Definitely plan to go and spend some time there. I don't know how the hotel De la Borda is these days, but it was great many years ago!

San Antoinio
3. Re: Looking for taxco jewelry designer

I went 2 on April and there is a New Hotel There that is very nice, visit the web page www.bestwesterntaxco.com is a bran New Hotel. Also to buy silver you should go to a Factory, don��t try to buy in the small shops, because they sale some times silver plate by silver. I wil give you the names of the biggers silver factorys on Taxco.

Talleres de los Ballesteros.

Delia Gonzalez.

austria
4. Re: Looking for taxco jewelry designer

hi

Salomon please let me also know the biggest silver factorys in tasco i am also very interested!!

thanks

chris

5. Re: Looking for taxco jewelry designer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, January 16, 2015
victoria, BC
reviews: 2
6. Re: Looking for taxco jewelry designer

I agree with gomexico: there is so much variety in Taxco jewellery - and conversely so much duplication of design and therefore competition - that you really have to put on the miles on those cobbled streets. Find the suppliers that suit your shop, negotiate, find your way. Far from being a hardship, it's a wonderful way to spend a few days. Taxco is a lovely town.

As for the post about silver plate, fortunately it's very easy to know what you're buying. Look for the 925 stamp right on the piece (indicating 92.5% purity) and if there's no stamp the store should be able to give you a certificate of authenticity. If not, walk away.

The only wholesale buying I did was for jewelry making supplies, so I haven't a lot to offer. Except that in the place I did most of my buying, as soon as I said the magic word "majoros" (wholesale) a fluently English-speaking manager appeared to help me.

Olympia, WA
7. Re: Looking for taxco jewelry designer

Hi there,

If a difference in quality and prices for jewelry produced by small local Taxco's merchants/manufacurers and their middle-size and big-size competitors?

How are they selling jewelry by peaces or by gram?

Is any other middle-size or big-size manufacturers there except Talleres de los Ballesteros?

Thanks

Vik