We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Is 6 nights too long to be in Taxco?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Taxco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Old Tappan, NJ
reviews: 5
Is 6 nights too long to be in Taxco?

Hello! Can anyone tell me about staying in Taxco for dia de muertos? We will be arriving in Taxco on Oct. 28th and staying for 6 nites. Is that too long for staying there? I am crazy about silver and want to ride some horses - is there enough to do here? We will be heading up to GDL afterwards, which we have been to. We are staying at Posada San Javier in Taxco..Othere than the few reviews on Trip Advisor, can anyone tell me more? Also can anyone tell me about airport pick-up from Mexico City airport to Taxco? Me encanta Mexico!

Christe Barta

1. Re: Is 6 nights too long to be in Taxco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:36 am, June 13, 2014
Whittier, California
reviews: 11
2. Re: Is 6 nights too long to be in Taxco?

Christie,

If you really like to relax (and silver of course) and want get distant from the rush of the cities, Taxco is the right place! My relatives are from a very small town close to Iguala where people mount in their houses a special "ofrenda" (ofering) to the departed whithin the months before to the Dia de Muertos and open their house to the visitors to see it at night. I don't know if they do the same in Taxco but I guess the hotel staff will give you all the local information for that special day.

M

3. Re: Is 6 nights too long to be in Taxco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, September 01, 2009