We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to San cristobal?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Cristobal de las Casas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 88
airport to San cristobal?

Does everyone fly to Acapulco to get to San Cristobal? What is best way then to get to SC from the airport? How long of a drive is it? Thanks for helping with my planning! Also, what time of year is best for visiting? What is weather like in mid January?

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 65
1. Re: airport to San cristobal?

Acapulco? Heck no. Even Huatulco is a long drive or bus ride, and it's closer. I've considered flying into Guatemala City to get there; it's reasonably close compared to the other choices.

Moon Yucatan Peninsula is an excellent guidebook and it covers Chiapas. You have a bit of research to do, and this would be a good start.

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: airport to San cristobal?

Ah, Perdido, you got that right...I've just started researching this, and am excited about going to Chiapas. A flight search engine wanted to take me to Acapulco. What do you think is the best way to get there..., and how you get from that airpor to San Cristobal? Ayudeme encontrarlo, Perdido!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 65
3. Re: airport to San cristobal?

Personally, I'm keeping my sensors tuned for a charter seat-sale to Huatulco. Late in the winter-vacation season might be good, when San Cristobal is hopefully a little warmer at night. From there, I know there's an overnight bus to SC. It's 8 or 10 hours (I can't remember which) and I believe it's on comfy ADO or deluxe ADO GL.

There's an airport not terribly close to SC, and if you can get a same-airline flight the whole way, the price might be reasonable; I haven't checked this out.

And finally, an interesting option is to fly to Guatemala City, and slowly travel through their magnificent highlands by bus over to SC; it's not that far as the crow flies.

Those are the three practical options as I see 'em. (I haven't done any of these yet, but it's just a matter of time...)

Whittier, California
reviews: 11
4. Re: airport to San cristobal?

I'm a little "perdido" here... from which airport? The closest airport to San Cristobal de Las Casa is Tuxtla Gutierrez. From TGZ is about 1 hr by bus.

Depending on your date of travel you may get a good deal. Right now you can find an Interjet flight from MEX to TGZ for $60.00USD

Hope I wasn't very lost.

M

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: airport to San cristobal?

These are good tips, as the prices right now are pretty high from chicago to TGZ, so looking for alternatives is always good. If we were to go from Huatulco, would we need to pre-book our bus ticket?

Also, what do you consider prime weather for visiting? I've heard it can be chilly in Jan., when we were originally thinking of going.

6. Re: airport to San cristobal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, October 18, 2009