We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teposcolula monastery

Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 8
Teposcolula monastery

Has an;yone been there by tour or public transport? If so, I would appreciate some pointers.

San Miguel de...
1. Re: Teposcolula monastery

Sorry I have no info. Normally you could get good info from the tourist office in Oaxaca.

However, if you are planning your trip in the near future, the protests that have temporarily destroyed Oaxaca as a tourist destination have spread to shutting down the bus stations.

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
reviews: 63
2. Re: Teposcolula monastery

The first class bus station as of last night was open, but yes it's touch and go. Similarly second class bus service is operating, at least to the extent that I saw the buses yesterday afternoon on one of the highways. A good private guide for $15 to $20 an hour (USD) can design an interesting and full day tour to include that monastery. There's an actual popular route known as the Ruta Dominica de la Mixteca, which goes to the sites at Etla, San Pedro y San Pablo Teposcolula, San Juan Bautista Coixtlahuaca, San Pablo Huitzo and Santa Domingo Yanhuitlán. If you call me when you're here I'd be more than pleased to give you a copy of a little blurb I have about each of the foregoing sites, albeit in Spanish, but I would imagine they're in the English tourist guides. I just haven't checked. Torontonian of Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast.

Ottawa
3. Re: Teposcolula monastery

thank you to you both. In fact there's an article in the Frommer's guide on an excursion to the monasteries; probably similar to the one you are thinking about. I imagine that it is not done very much; this is not to say that it could not be easily enough arranged. I'll think about it now. \\

I also appreciate very much the update on the bus situation. In Canada, we get few follow-ups on the ;situation; so I don't easily stay up to date.

Best regards. Carole Kenna

4. Re: Teposcolula monastery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 17, 2009