We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
franklin, TN
reviews: 18
casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

hi --

i have reservations at this hotel for sept 30 thru oct 7. i've been reading about all the uproar in oaxaca and am nervous but really do not want to cancel my trip. where is this hotel located in relation to the zocalo?

thanks -- susie margaret

San Miguel de...
reviews: 10
1. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

It's four blocks east and then around the corner from the the Zócalo.

San Miguel de...
reviews: 10
2. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

Go to

https:/…english.html

for a map.

Oaxaca
3. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

I am 90% sure they also have a branch facility that is about ten blocks north of the zocalo, a block north of Conzatti Park.

franklin, TN
4. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

hi, everyone --

thanks so much for the information on location of the hotel.

is four blocks far away enough from the zocalo to be relatively undisturbed by the strikers? i'm not making a judgment on the validity of their cause; i just don't want to be caught accidentally in the middle of uproar when i'm coming and going from the hotel.

-- susie margaret

Oaxaca
5. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

I would suggest a little farther away. To be honest, no one knows what it will be like at the end of next month. It might be all over or perhaps not.

franklin, TN
6. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

hi --

oh, dear. my reservations at the hotel are not changeable, so i guess i'll just wait and decide whether to cancel my trip or not. i'm willing to put up with some hassle as long as it is not life-threatening just to be in that area.

-- susie margaret

Oaxaca
7. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

In my opinion, it is not anywhere close to life threatening and isn't likely to be.

franklin, TN
8. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

hi --

thanks very much. i'm thinking right now that unless the u.s. state dept warns people against going there in more definitive terms than already, i'm coming. but i'm keeping up with news articles on this. frankly, i'm shocked that there doesn't seem to be any coverage in mainstream american newspapers abut these events.

-- susie margaret

Oaxaca
9. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

What coverage there has been in the U.S. has been, in my opinion, not very accurate. Sensationalizing is the name of the game.

10. Re: casa san felipe hotel, oaxaca city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 15, 2009