We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lila Downs tickets? July 26 Oaxaca

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, CA
reviews: 25
Lila Downs tickets? July 26 Oaxaca

I am going to be in Oaxaca for eight days and see that Lila Downs is playing July 26. Tickets are no longer available on her website. Are there other ways to get tickets as there are in the US? Scalpers outside the venue? (If so, how reliable, how much more should I expect to pay? Is it safe?) or are there re-sellers like in the US (Stubhub, etc)? My Spanish is just okay so I couldn't do a Craigslist type of thing.

Columbus, OH
reviews: 1
1. Re: Lila Downs tickets? July 26 Oaxaca

Since no one else has a suggestion, I will jump in with a different approach. I don't know of any resellers, etc. so I suggest you contact the hotel or BandB where you have reservations and ask if they can help. The concert is at the Guelaguetza Aufitorium so they should know how of get the tickets for you. This should, of course, generate a grartuity on your part in addition to the ticket cost (which I suppose could be over the face value) if they are successful.

Also, if you do get tickets show up very early; this will be a very popular concert and the line will start early (your hotel again should be able to advise).

Connecticut
reviews: 95
2. Re: Lila Downs tickets? July 26 Oaxaca

Tickets are not on Ticketmaster.com.mx probably because this is a free concert. You can check with your hotel / B & B, as suggested by others, or go to the tourist office, up by Llano Park, they may have tickets or information on how to obtain them. Good luck. The Guelaguetza and Lila, this is why we love Oaxaca.

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
reviews: 69
3. Re: Lila Downs tickets? July 26 Oaxaca

Usually for free concerts at that venue, there are no tickets, and you simply have to line up, hours in advance. I doubt if your hotel will be able to assist you, since to my knowledge there will be no tickets to be had. The only way it could be of assistance, is if it is well-connected and can get you a couple of passes for the section which is traditionally reserved for politicians, dignitaries, etc. I would suggest waiting to see Lila the next time she is anywhere close to Northern CA, and paying for the tickets, or returning to Oaxaca in May when she generally does a concert to benefit Casa de la Mujer. Remember, rainy season has begun, so bring rainwear or an upbrella for the lineup and concert.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Edited: 11:39 pm, July 14, 2013
4. Re: Lila Downs tickets? July 26 Oaxaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 16, 2014