We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Bend, Indiana
Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be staying in Oaxaca from June until mid-July, and I would love someone to wander around and/or have lunch with. This is my second time visiting Oaxaca - I studied in Mexico for a month last summer, three weeks of which was spent in Oaxaca. I'm familiar with the area close to Parque Llano (el centro historico). I've visited Monte Alban and Hierve el Agua, and would be more than happy to go back (and I highly recommend both sites!).

I'm 25 years old and will graduate with two degrees in December. My Spanish is sufficient enough to travel on my own, so I'm not looking for a free translator or anything - just someone to hang out with.

Thanks!

Aly

Oaxaca, Mexico
reviews: 8
1. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

Hi there,

I would be willing to go out to eat with you and even go to some cool places. I have lived here for 22 years and used to be a tour guide, so i know the area pretty well. i am always looking for someone to go have a beer with or something! and to speak some english!!! I have a website called THE INSIDERS GUIDE TO OAXACA, so check it out and it has my phone number under the CONTACT section, so you can email me or call me when you get here!

thanks, see you soon!

Susan

www.insideroaxaca.mx HAS AN EVENTS CALENDAR FOR MUSIC, ART, CULTURE, CINEMA, THEATER.

ny
reviews: 11
2. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

Hi Aly,

I will be in Oaxaca at the end of June and will stay a month. I am studying Spanish there and I have never been to Oaxaca before. I'm a 35 yrs. old who likes to explore the world, I would definitely like to hang out.

Erik

Newcastle
reviews: 10
3. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

Hey guys,

I am also due to be travelling to Oaxaca this July - August and would like to find some people to hang out with..

ny
4. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

great. shoot me an email hiberm at y. Erik

Dallas, Texas
5. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

I am in Puerto Vallarta now and I am not loving it! I am looking to possibly relocate to Oaxaca and will prob. be there next week. Would anyone like to meet and possibly look at apartment rentals with me?

ny
6. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

I will not be in Oaxaca until the end of this month. Good Luck in your search.

ny
7. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

I would recommend looking in San Miguel de Allende. It is compact and small. It is a great place. In that same area, Guanajuato is awesome. It is a walking and college town.

Oaxaca, Mexico
8. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

I'm actually in oaxaca now to learn spanish, all the way from Florida. found a little place to rent out month to month, so if you make it down here shoot me an email @ keithmiller333333333@yahoo.com Hasta luego.

9. Re: Travel companion in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, June 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 29, 2014