We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for moderate priced rental

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guanajuato, Mexico
reviews: 63
Looking for moderate priced rental

in Oaxaca city early 2014.

Need WiFi, kitchenette, private bath for a month.

My dates are flexible, Hopefully something in the 4,000 peso range. None smoker/drinker. References on request.

Edited: 10:19 am, February 06, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
1. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

I loved Las Mariposas. They do long-term rentals.

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
reviews: 69
2. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

Dates are key! Snowbirds staying for 3 - 4 months tend to grab up the kind of thing you're seeking, but not for that price. For that price, with all due respect, you're looking at a hostel type of lodging. Remember, you're trying to have it all, for about $12 USD a day or less. If you want cheap, come in April or May, or between labour day and October 15.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Austin Tx Usa
reviews: 24
3. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

I agree with the last poster on dates. I'd budget 7500 pesos or more in January at least.

Guanajuato, Mexico
reviews: 63
4. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

Well as I said I am flexible on dates but pretty much locked into January through March.

I know it can be difficult but so far this year I spent a month in a 4 bedroom, 3 bath home in Guanajuato almost next door to the Governor's Mansion for 4,000 pesos. So am kinda lucky finding deals. About 6,000 would be my limited.

Neighborhood not a biggie as here in Zihuatanejo I am renting a 2 room bungalow with WiFI ,Cable, A/C for 4,000 pesos in a blue collar area. I have never turned on the A/C in 2 years & The Cable is not important.

Anyways Oaxaca is on my bucket list & I "Ain't" getting any younger! LOL

NewYork
reviews: 6
5. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

I leave next week for Oaxaca and found an apartment about 5 block off the zocalo for 6000 a month. There may still be a few left out there. One of the sites you may check is the link below. Althought you best bet may be to roll the dice and just arrive. Book a room for a few days and check out the local bulletin boards

oaxacatimes.com/edit-classifieds/20-housing-…

Benson, Arizona
reviews: 1
6. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

PaulM.....how far in advance did you find and book your apartment and did you use the link you gave? we are looking for an apartment for Jan/Feb 2014

NewYork
7. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

I booked the apartment only in November. We had only just come back from a trip and really had not planed to spend a month in Oaxaca this year, but maybe next. But with the cost of fuel oil in the northeast and we got ff air tickets, we decided to give it a try.

Yes, this was the site I got the lead for the apartment we finally did rent. With your time frame you should be able to locate a nice place. The forcast for this weekend over 2 feet of snow, I can not wait for

Benson, Arizona
8. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

Thanks ... Can you tell me hiw big you got for that price?

NewYork
9. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

the apartment is a two bedroom, with a fully equipt kitchen

Benson, Arizona
10. Re: Looking for moderate priced rental

thanks for the info...I am going to start checking it all out..