We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to San Pablo Tijaltepic?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oaxaca
reviews: 32
How to get to San Pablo Tijaltepic?

Does anyone know how to get to the small town of San Pablo Tijaltepec by public transport? We'd like to see where the ladies make the wonderful tucked blouses. I think it's near Tlaxiaco but south.

Thanks

Columbus, OH
reviews: 1
1. Re: How to get to San Pablo Tijaltepic?

I cannot answer your question directly but my book of Distrito maps shows San Pablo Tijaltepec to be 60 km southeast of Tlaxiaco; the the road goes over at least one mountain range and the last part of the road is dirt. So it is pretty remote; probably requiring a stop for the night in Tlaxiaco.

I would suggest finding out first if there would be anyone who would have blouses to show you when you get there; people in these remote places take their work to regional markets to sell or sell directly to a store in Oaxaca.

Steamboat Springs...
reviews: 4
2. Re: How to get to San Pablo Tijaltepic?

If you are spending some time in Oaxaca de Juárez before moving out into other areas of the state of Oaxaca you may want to stop by the Museo Textil de Oaxaca (corner of Hidalgo y Fiallo) to see if someone there could direct you to a co-operative that may have this particular needlework. The museo often hosts expositions of weavers/needleworkers, etc.

3. Re: How to get to San Pablo Tijaltepic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 06, 2014