We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis in oaxaca

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ukiah, CA
reviews: 1
taxis in oaxaca

Can anyone tell me what the going rate is for a taxi from the airport to el centro historico in oaxaca and taxis or guide services to Monte Alban and Mitla? Can anyone recommend a good guide ? Thanks so much!

oaxaca, oaxaca
reviews: 39
1. Re: taxis in oaxaca

Because of reasons I can't quit figure out - there are no taxis from the airport - only a collective van. About 50 pesos.

Make sure you get your ticket quickly - sometimes they will tell you that the van is full and you have to pay for a whole van - about 300 pesos.

Going to Monte Alban is easy. Catch one of the buses from the Hotel Rivera del Angel on Mina.

Here they explain it more

planeta.com/ecotravel/…montea.html

You can take a tour to Mitla or just take a bus (from the Abastos market) and then take a mototaxi to the ruins.

There are guides available at the ruins that are pretty good.

Ukiah, CA
reviews: 1
2. Re: taxis in oaxaca

Thanks for the helpful info

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
reviews: 68
3. Re: taxis in oaxaca

With all due respect to 2oaxaca, there are three options for getting from the airport to your hotel. Yes there are colectivos, very reasonable, but the downside is that you never know if you will be the first or the last passenger to be dropped off at your hotel, since colectivos take a vanload of passengers. The second option is a private car, upwards of 300 pesos. The third option is to have your hotel or b & b send a private car to the airport to pick you up, a bit more than the private airport cars, but it saves the trouble of going to the taxi booth and getting tickets for one of the first two options. For guides at Monte Albán in English, I recommend Mario, Clemente or Hector, and at Mitla in English I recommend Gilberto (usually the only English guide there). Enjoy!

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 69
4. Re: taxis in oaxaca

I took a taxi twice from the airport this summer. I bought a ticket inside at the booth - they ask which hotel you are going to - and then a taxi driver came and took me to my hotel.

5. Re: taxis in oaxaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, December 16, 2013