We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount airlines in Mexico

Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 77
Discount airlines in Mexico

How do I get from Mexico DF to Oaxaca? Is Interjet the only no frills service that flies that route?

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 7
1. Re: Discount airlines in Mexico

I wouldn't say Interjet is a "no frills" airline as it has free food and drink with very comfortable new planes. I would say it is on a par with an airline like BA and way ahead of any U.S. airline. Their prices start from 190 USD return.

Vivaaerobus used to fly to Oaxaca but have stopped (they were very cheap but very unreliable). Aeromexico fly that route but are way more expensive (but do give you a lot more options). Many people go by first-class bus - 6 hours for 35 USD each way.

Kerrville Tx
reviews: 13
2. Re: Discount airlines in Mexico

I'd second the idea of the bus but would also suggest you consider the Ejecutivo bus as it is a bit more expensive than first class but a lot more comfortable. You can probably leave around midnight, sleep all the way and arrive about 6AM. Saves a night in a hotel as well.

oaxaca, oaxaca
reviews: 40
3. Re: Discount airlines in Mexico

I go with the bus. I like to take the bus from the Mexico City airport directly to Puebla. I'd rather wait there or spend a day or so.

http://www.ticketbus.com.mx/wtbkd/index.jsp

above is the bus web site.

4. Re: Discount airlines in Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 16, 2013