We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorcycle tour

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Evansville, Indiana
reviews: 6
Motorcycle tour

I will be touring Oaxaca on my motorcycle in January. I will be with at least two but maybe three others. Two have vast MC touring experience including Oaxaca. I toured Baja with this group last Jan.

We will surely spend much time in the mountainous country side away from the coast and touristy areas.

Thoughts anyone?

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
reviews: 69
1. Re: Motorcycle tour

Assuming you have a facility with Spanish, upon your arrival in Oaxaca stop by Restaurante El Mirador and speak with the owner, Javier Perez, who regularly tours the state and other parts of the country with his motorcycle group. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're asking, but if it's about day trips, consider going to Sola de Vega stopping at San Sebastian de las grutas en route, into the Mixe and stopping at Hierve el Agua en route, etc.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Evansville, Indiana
2. Re: Motorcycle tour

Thank you for the reply. This is exactly the kind of info I am seeking. Two in our group are proficient in Spanish. They are MC enthusiasts to the bone and I believe they would enjoy meeting someone such as senor Perez.

We are going there to see the place. On adventure type motos we can also get off the beaten (paved) path.

Oaxaca
reviews: 2
3. Re: Motorcycle tour

I just send you a PM. I am always ready for a nice ride around town.

Cochrane, Canada
4. Re: Motorcycle tour

If you come to the coast which sounds like you might you must see Puerto Angel, authentic Mexican fishing village, Zipolite, San Agustinillo etc. Actually, I think I may have say you at Bahia de la Luna already. lol.

Evansville, Indiana
5. Re: Motorcycle tour

Mexlivn76, Maybe next time. I spent four days in the Bahias de Huatulco area in January as a guest of an expat resident.

Cochrane, Canada
6. Re: Motorcycle tour

Excellent, I hope you had a great tour. Its sounds like it would have been awesome. I saw some bikers come through La Boquilla roughly that time so thought maybe it was you guys. Cheer!

7. Re: Motorcycle tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 25, 2014