We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
airport to hotel

flying into oax. options to get to holiday inn? taxi? shuttle? other? how much is the taxi? thx.

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: airport to hotel

I can never keep track of the prices, but they are fixed and clearly posted. You are in Zone One. You may not have much of a choice but to use the colectivo service, rather than a private car, because of high season beginning about now. It's all regulated by the airport authority, so you cannot simply call a cab. The only alternative would be to hire a private driver who has a permit to go into the airport, but that will cost you upwards of 500 pesos, depending on day and time of arrival. Alternatively Holiday Inn can arrange the same thing for you.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
2. Re: airport to hotel

got a pm sayin 45 bucks for a transfer from OAX to hotel. the expert says about the same 500 pesos. geesh, can't anyone give me some local facts on a taxi or collectivo cost? thx

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
3. Re: airport to hotel

We usually have friends pick us up and drop us off so I am hazy on the price. I remember something in the range of 100 pesos. And that may have been round trip. I am not in Oaxaca right now so cannot get current rates. But it is not expensive. Ask the Holiday Inn if the exact price is important.

You cannot use a taxi. They are not allowed to pick people up at the airport. The collectivo is your only option besides arranging for the $45 USD special driver. It is not one of the tiny taxi collectivos with 5 people crammed into the four seats. The collectivos are all nice vans of various sizes, and you are put in one that will take people to hotels in your area. It takes longer than a private car unless you are the first to be dropped off.

As you exit customs you will be heading toward the outside door of the terminal. The booth for the collectivo ticlets is at the right just before you exit. Tell them your hotel and they will tell you the price. You will need pesos. ATM up the stairs in the terminal.

Hope this helps. Sorry I'm not in a position to get the current rate.

Oaxaca, Central...
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: airport to hotel

As mentioned above, there are collective taxis at the airport, which is your only option--other than walking to the highway or having a friend pick you up. For zone 1 the price is 55 pesos per person. You will be in a van with 8 or 10 others and each person gets dropped off at his or her hotel in order of the distance from the airport--the closest getting dropped off first.

5. Re: airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 31, 2013