We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Majestic restaurant stinks!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alpine, Texas
reviews: 3
Best Western Majestic restaurant stinks!

We arrived in Mexico City tired and hungry, checked into the Hotel Gillow, and made our way to the square. We chose the Best Western Majestic restaurant for the great view... the hotel seemed very classy and the elevator guide seemed very friendly as we made our way to the rooftop restaurant, but the wait staff at the restaurant sullenly ignored us after we were seated. The food was mediocre.. worth puttin up with for the great view.. but the wait staff seemed to have some problem with us and practically ignored us. We can only guess that they just didn´t like serving Norte Americanos? Everywhere else we went the people were friendly and accomodating, and the Hotel Gillow was a terrific bargain.. first class accomodation for the price of a motel room in the States.

Philadelphia
reviews: 5
1. Re: Best Western Majestic restaurant stinks!

I had lunch at the Hotel Majestic in May and fount the wait staff very friendly and accomodating. We were seated immediately and had drinks in front of us within a few minutes. Our lunch was served in a reasonable time and we were able to enjoy a very leisurely meal. The view of course was spectacular and the food was adequate.

Alpine, Texas
reviews: 3
2. Re: Best Western Majestic restaurant stinks!

Thank you Trusk 01. My experience was at dinner, just last weekend (mid-june). We managed to get a couple of beers, and when the waiter finally showed up I ordered the Chorizo Fundido appetizer and Chicken Tacos for my wife... the waiter briskly walked off before I could complete my order. Then the music started, and was so loud that any conversation was impossible. The Chorizo Fundido was a cold lump of cheese without any Chorizo and the Chicken Tacos were three Taquitos, the microwave variety, with cheese over them. I had to walk over to another table to find napkins, and we had to rely on other waiters when they happened to notice us, for a second round of drinks. I had to go to the counter and demand my check, which took another thirty minutes for us to leave. Thank goodness I had correct change. I am sure that this is an isolated incident because we have had a great experience otherwise, but it made a lousy first impression of Mexico City. I would not recommend it to anyone.

3. Re: Best Western Majestic restaurant stinks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, August 14, 2009