We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organised beer tours???

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 66
Organised beer tours???

Hola!

My wife and I will be in M.C. in August. Is anyone aware of any companies that offer beer/micro brewery tours? I have the Modelo brewery tour on the list, but I'm more looking for an organised tour that visits numerous bars/breweries etc. Similar to food walking tours.

Also, we'll be staying in the Zona Rosa area. What area would you recommend for a selection of quiet type bars, a bit of live music etc? Just a choice of places where we can sit and enjoy the atmosphere.

Portland, OR
reviews: 8
1. Re: Organised beer tours???

I was just looking at this site and they offer a tour of microbrews as well as market and other tours.

http://www.eatmexico.com/tours/mexico-city/

I've not taken one of these tours but this site has come up in a few recommendations here.

Melbourne
2. Re: Organised beer tours???

Thanks well... that's excellent, plus their food tours look pretty good as well!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, it's good to have options!

Edited: 7:03 pm, June 10, 2013
Melbourne
3. Re: Organised beer tours???

Any other ideas?

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 12
4. Re: Organised beer tours???

Genova is a pedestrian thouroughfare with many sidewalk cafes some with entertainment.

Melbourne
5. Re: Organised beer tours???

Thanks for the pedroNewmarket, I'll check that out.

Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 5
6. Re: Organised beer tours???

Hi,

In Zona Rosa you will find several bars with live music to enjoy all known brands of beers.artisan breweries are new in Mexico and most of them are very good i found this tour of beers and mezcal in Roma neighborhood , close where you will stay.The guide is also a sommelier.

toursbylocals.com/TBL/…0.49.1.2.1.18

Edited: 11:44 pm, June 18, 2013
Melbourne
7. Re: Organised beer tours???

Thanks mex, that's exactly what I was after, I appreciate it :)

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
reviews: 32
8. Re: Organised beer tours???

This is very hard to find, if there's an option at all. The Mexican beer market is almost entirely controlled by the mega-breweries and you won't find micro alternatives, at least not without being in the sub-culture. I remember Calavera was one based out of Mexico City, but it might be done now. Even those microbreweries that exist target exports and don't try and mess with the big not-so-local guys.

Melbourne
9. Re: Organised beer tours???

G'day Julian, yeah I was finding it a bit difficult, so this explains it! Thanks for your post, I couldn't find Calavera, but whilst searching for it I came across El Deposito, so was worth the time!

10. Re: Organised beer tours???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 23, 2014