We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Terminals

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 3
Airport Terminals

I'm flying into Mexico City in mid-March. My airline arrives in Terminal 1 but want to meet up with a friend flying into Terminal 2 and we'll ride to our hotel together. Can you give me some advice? Do I go through Immigration and Customs before getting on the airport train? I understand that I will need a boarding pass - can I access the train once I leave immigration/customs? Any advice you can provide would be appreciated!

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 9
1. Re: Airport Terminals

You will go through immigration and customs in Terminal 1. You cannot use the airport train if you have no connecting flight at Terminal 2. They do check - maybe you can bluff your way on board, maybe not. Otherwise there is a red bus that you can get for 10 pesos(entrance 6 at Terminal 1 - pay the driver).

Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 5
2. Re: Airport Terminals

HI cestlavie,

you CAN use the train showing your boarding pass of your arriving flight.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 81
3. Re: Airport Terminals

I used the train from T1 to T2 last month and no one asked to see a BP or flight schedule (which I had, however, downloaded onto my iPad). This could of course have been a one-off, but if you have the BP worth trying.

Edited: 9:17 am, February 26, 2013
Dallas, Texas
4. Re: Airport Terminals

Thank you all for your responses!

Australia
5. Re: Airport Terminals

What times do the trains run?

I am staying at a hotel in T2 but have an early morning flight from T1 and I'm looking to check in around 6.30am If there is no train, what is the alternative?

Thanks.

Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 5
6. Re: Airport Terminals

Hi acoolbreeze,

usually the train works well, in any case it doesn't go to the lower level besides domestic departures and take the inter terminal bus.

Edited: 10:11 am, March 01, 2013
7. Re: Airport Terminals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 03, 2014