We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

Hi,

Would like some recommendations for a trip i am planning for March, 2013. Wife, 8 year old daughter, and I will have 7 nights to explore both cities.

First question is how many days to allot to Cuernavaca? We will probably bus right over upon landing into Mexico City and spend latter half of trip in Mex City before flying home.

Re. which neighborhood to stay in Mex city, i have heard good things about Condessa. Due to my hilton loyalty program, i am leaning towards staying at the Hampton inn, Centro Historico. Any feedback here?

Lastly, what properties in Cuernavaca are recommended for family's?

Thanks and any other must see/do recommendations would be great!

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 81
1. Re: Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

I always stay in Condesa (Red Tree House), by far the nicest colonia in my view.

Why Cuernavaca? Do you have any particular reason to go there? It's hardly the city of eternal spring any more! Just noisy and polluted.

Toronto
reviews: 21
2. Re: Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

I'd second the recommendation to look at the Red Tree House. Condesa is an upscale neighbourhood with lots of restaurants, cafes, and shops - and a safe area for pedestrians to walk around at night (the most dangerous thing we encountered was uneven sidewalks, so watch your step!). The RTH, in particular, is well-run and a welcoming place for families with children. The Centro Historico is where many of the major tourist attractions are, but has the reputation of emptying out in the evenings when the office workers go home. I've heard that it's improved recently through efforts at renovation and revitalization - and many people have rated the Hampton Inn highly, but it doesn't have the feeling of a residential area like Condesa.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
3. Re: Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

Thanks both! Red Tree House is now in play for first 3 nights, then Hampton for the next 3 as we will stay in Mex City and just do some day trips out of town.

Table View, South...
reviews: 80
4. Re: Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

I will second not spending time in Cuernavaca. Was there recently and it did not inspire. If you are prepared to go a little further I would suggest Taxco, be sure to overnight.

Toronto
reviews: 21
5. Re: Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

You might also consider a day trip or overnight to Puebla, which is about 2 hours by first-class bus. It's been a few years since I was there last, but it's a pretty city and seemed to be a welcoming place for families with children. Puebla is also famous for its traditional candies -- there's a whole four blocks in the city centre devoted to candy stores, which your daughter (and you!) might enjoy visiting.

6. Re: Mexico City & Cuernavaca in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 22, 2013