We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on Mexico City

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
reviews: 508
Questions on Mexico City

We are going to Mexico City in fall for eight days. We have three main questions so we'll post them separately. We have been to Mexico several times (old colonial cities and not beach resorts) but this is our first time to D.F. We found incredibly inexpensive air tickets and have booked a B&B that is very reasonably priced.

We are still not sure about getting to and from the airport. Metro? Metrobus? Taxi? We land around 5:00pm so by the time we finish immigration and customs and grab some pesos from an ATM it will be 6:00 or so and into rush hour. Considering all that, taxis make the most sense. Or not? We only travel with one medium backpack each. Our outbound flight leaves around noon so will we also be facing the morning commute?

Also- is their a word in Spanish for the metro stops where you can change to a different line? We intend to use the metro a lot once we are in the city and do lots of walking too.

Thanks for any assistance. We are really looking forward to this trip since Mexico City is one of the world's great cities. I will post two more questions coming up next.

Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 3
1. Re: Questions on Mexico City

Hi unclelouie,

Taking a taxi or the metro all depends on your budget and how much you want to spend. The taxis from the airport to ur destination are the most expensive yu will pay during ur stay. You will not pay those rates in any other place,not even from ur hotel back to the airport. 6 PM is rush hour, but it will be full on the road as well as in the metro. I personally dont like to arrive in a city and have to immediately go on a mission. Take a cab and enjoy the ride to your hotel. Where is your hotel by the way, so i can tell you how much approx. U should expect to pay. Noon is not rush hour, u should be fine on ur way back. The metro system in mexico is really easy to use. There is no special name for the stations that have more than one line that i know of, since most of them do. And you are right, Mexico is one of the worlds great cities. Im sure u will love ur stay. Luck!

Toronto
reviews: 21
2. Re: Questions on Mexico City

Taxis from the airport are also very secure -- you pay a flat fee based on zone at the booth just outside the arrivals terminal, so there's no exchange of money after that. It may be expensive compared to other point-to-point travel within the city, but it's also a bargain compared to airport-to-downtown taxis in most other metropolises. You don't say where you're staying or how many of you there are, but for airport to most tourist areas, it'll be around $20 USD, well worth the convenience I think.

Washington, DC
reviews: 13
3. Re: Questions on Mexico City

At transfer stations, the metro has large signs labeled "Correspondencia" showing the way to the other line.

Navigating the Mexico City metro is extremely easy -- probably the easiest out of any big city I've been to.

4. Re: Questions on Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 21, 2013