We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in Guanajuato

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 24
Traveling in Guanajuato

Hi!

I will be traveling in Guanajuato March 5th through the 9th. Any ideas on which cafes/bars to frequent to see the nightlife? Any good hikes/tours?

Thanks!

Helen

3 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
1. Re: Traveling in Guanajuato

I'm too lazy to answer directly, but I found this very helpful:

amazon.com/Miguel-Allende-Guanajuato-Bajio-H…

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
2. Re: Traveling in Guanajuato

Less lazy now; not cooking dinner with the other hand.

I wasn't much into the bars, but I liked Cafe Tal for coffee in the morning, a little east of the centro.

A good hike is to the summit of La Bufa, along a decent trail with some interesting surprises. For that, aim for La Presa de la Olla (a reservoir, east), turn right, and keep going up. Return to patios by La Peresa for drinks on the way down. Another good hike was going waaay uphill to the north, where some interesting church spires loomed from the heights. This was all solo rambling, a lot of fun when you're not sure quite what you'll discover.

Loved the town.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 81
3. Re: Traveling in Guanajuato

As you probably know, Guanajuato is a university town so most of the nightlife is geared to students and mostly at weekends. There are countless places in and around the Jardín, including a great salsa bar (called El Bar I think) just off the main pedestrian drag from the theatre, down an alley to the left.

Reply to: Traveling in Guanajuato
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted