We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leon, Mexico Airport to Leon bus station

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 3
Leon, Mexico Airport to Leon bus station

Will I need to take a taxi to the Primo bus station or will there be a bus there to the bus station or can I pick up the bus at the airport to go to SLP?

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
reviews: 9
1. Re: Leon, Mexico Airport to Leon bus station

Hi Pam,

Unfortunately, there is no bus service to the Leon (BJX) airport, so you'll have to take a taxi.

If you don't have a lot of luggage, you could take a cab from the airport to the bus station in Silao (the airport is closer to Silao than to Leon) and then take a bus to the Leon bus station. There are frequent buses to Leon from Silao.

I've never take a taxi from the airport to Leon, but I imagine it isn't cheap.

Have a great trip! SLP has a beautiful historic center.

Cindi

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 3
2. Re: Leon, Mexico Airport to Leon bus station

Thanks so much. As I understand it, at the airport I pay at the taxi box and make arrangements before getting into the taxi. Any idea how much the taxi should cost? Also do you know what the tipping policy is?

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
reviews: 9
3. Re: Leon, Mexico Airport to Leon bus station

Hi Pam,

Like I said, I have never taken a taxi from the airport to Leon. However, I have taken a taxi from the city of Guanajuato to the airport, which is approximately the same distance. Last April, the fare was about $350 pesos. The person at the ticket kiosk in the airport will tell you the exact cost.

Tipping the driver is not necessary, though if you have a lot of luggage, you might want to give him a small tip...maybe $20 pesos or so.

Again, have a great trip!

Cindi

4. Re: Leon, Mexico Airport to Leon bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, June 22, 2013