We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations for 2 adults and 2 well behaved young girls

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sanibel, Florida
reviews: 23
Accomodations for 2 adults and 2 well behaved young girls

Hola Amigos en Guanajuato,

Having made numerous trips to GTO I find myself starting all over in shoping for a place to stay 2-3 nights end of Sept. This is a very special trip that I promised my two grandaughters and their mom. They will be 8 and 12 yrs of age. They have been studying Spanish at school. It will be their first trip out of the country. I would love to be in a place like Zopilote Mojado(does not take children) or Casa de Dona Ana Don't know about children.Do not want one of the interesting apts they have further away from the Jardin since we will be there such a short time.

We will have four suitcases and four carryons plus purses etc. so those steep stairs to the entry scare me a little. Once we are in we will not mind the steepness. We need beds for 2adults and 2 children an ensuite bathroom if possible and a little kitchenette or access to one. Of course we want to be near the Teatro etc. Alma del Sol might be a bit too expensive for us and I don't know if they take children(we love Hugo). Do not want regular hotels like Luna or Santa Fe.

I have read and re-read all the reviews and they all sound great. I guess what I am looking for is the perfect family type place for under $100 a night. Could go a little more if it meant we were getting something special. Does Casa Zuniga take children? So come on guys save this old granny some time and make suggestions

Did not come in 2009 because we were all caring for and saying goodbye to my precious son who had ALS. The girls as young as they were helped immensely. This will be a healing trip for all of us.

I hope TA does not pull this for being too long,

Saludos, Rumba

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
reviews: 9
1. Re: Accomodations for 2 adults and 2 well behaved young girls

Hi Rumba,

El Zopilote Mojado and La Casa de Doña Ana do not take children. Casa Zuñiga's web site indicates they only take children 13 and older.

For a basic place (not fancy at all) that is at street-level, very close to the main plaza in Guanajuato (Jardín de la Unión), with private bathroom and kitchenette, you might look at Hotel/Hostal Cantarranas. It seems to be within your budget. There is a small grocery store right next door and a bakery and butcher shop close by.

I'd suggest Casa Bertha (on the same plaza as El Zopilote Mojado), which has three apartments; however, you would have to carry your luggage up a lot of steps to get to the plaza from the street (the plaza is not car accessible).

Have a great trip!

Cindi

Sanibel, Florida
reviews: 23
2. Re: Accomodations for 2 adults and 2 well behaved young girls

tHANK YOU Cindi, don't know how you have time for all these questions. I did call Zuniga and they told me no children but invited me to visit their place for future trips. Casa de Dona Ana did have a couple of families that had submitted good reviews for their main rooms, Maybe I'll call and verify. Thank you for the other 2 suggestions I will definitely consider them. I am resigning myself to the difficult steepness. It's part of what keeps GTO special.

I like having the girls see the schoolchildren etc.

Saludos,

Rumba

3. Re: Accomodations for 2 adults and 2 well behaved young girls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 25, 2010