We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guanajuato in October?

Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicopee, MA
reviews: 21
Guanajuato in October?

My wife and I are thinking of traveling to Guanajuato for a week in mid-October. Is is possible to find a "quiet" hotel or B&B during Cervantes Festival?

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
reviews: 9
1. Re: Guanajuato in October?

Hi Spiney,

Much of Guanajuato is pretty noisy during Cervantino and hotel rooms can be difficult to come by. I don't think the dates for this year's Cervantino have been announced yet, but you may want to make your hotel reservation ASAP just to be sure you get a room.

For a quieter B&B, you could try Casa Zuniga. It's above the city by the Pipila statue, so is close to the action but I'm told it's fairly quiet. The views from the B&B are fantastic and the owners are great people who are very knowledgeable about the city and very accommodating to their guests.

There is a luxury B&B in Valenciana (a "suburb" of Guanajuato) called Casa Estrella de la Valenciana, which might prove quieter than anything in Guanajuato.

The hotels outside the center of town *may* be quieter, at least outside the hotel. People in a festive mood may not be quiet inside the hotel.

You could check out Holiday Inn Express-Guanajuato, Hotel Gran Plaza, La Abadia or Camino Real.

Hope that gives you a few ideas.

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask.

Have a great trip!

Cindi

Donaldsonville...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Guanajuato in October?

You should stay at Casa Zuniga! We were there during the festival and so glad to be staying there. The town is packed with people and a lot of activity and noise. It was so great to go back up to Rick and Carmen's place after we had enough of the commotion. You have a perfect view of the city and can even hear some of the music (faintly) while sitting out on one of the many terraces. Rick and Carmen are the most awesome people I have met in years! You will feel so comfortable there you will feel like you are at a friend's house-and that is exactly what it is-you will have some new friends as soon as you get there! I totally love those folks and Casa Zuniga! Have a great time!

3. Re: Guanajuato in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 12, 2010