We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Zac to GTO?

Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zacatecas, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Bus from Zac to GTO?

Hi Cindy and others from GTO - OK so here I am living in Zacatecas and what is the easiest way to bus to Guanajuato? I am supposed to take pix at Cervantino ....

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 7
1. Re: Bus from Zac to GTO?

Omnibus de Mexico have direct buses but only in the middle of the night! You will have a better choice if you get a bus to Leon and change there for a local bus to Guanajuato.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
reviews: 9
2. Re: Bus from Zac to GTO?

Hi Ponch,

When we go to Zacatecas from Guanajuato, we always take the bus from Guanajuato to León and then get a bus (Omnibus de México or one of the Estrella Blanca lines) from León. Lots more options than trying to go directly from Guanajuato to Zacatecas or the reverse as Guanajuato is not a major hub.

Hope to see you while you're in town!

Cindi

3. Re: Bus from Zac to GTO?

mexicindi,

This is Shirley. Glad to see you are still giving good advice around here. In case you don't remember, I was in Guanajuato Oct 2008 & went to the Don Quijote language school..I really love GTO & enjoyed my trip very much.

This year I stayed closer to home & went to Wash DC.

Love Mexico & Zacatecas is on my wish list. How long does it take from Leon to Zac & is the bus the best way to go? I'm thinking maybe April would be a good time to go.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
reviews: 9
4. Re: Bus from Zac to GTO?

Hi Shirley,

Just got back from a trip to Zacatecas. If you take the ETN bus line from León to Zacatecas, the trip takes a little more than 3 1/2 hours and costs $205 pesos per person one way. There is just one stop at the Aguascalientes bus station (you don't have to change buses...the bus just stops to pick up/let off passengers).

ETN is the most comfortable line and is the most expensive. You can take Omnibus de México or one of the Estrella Blanca lines for $160 per person one way. The trip takes about four hours (on these lines, you have a longer wait at the Aguascalientes bus station...again, you don't have to change buses).

To me, the extra $45 pesos one pays on the ETN line is well worth the difference in comfort. There are only three seats on each row in ETN instead of four like on the other lines. The ETN seats are larger and further apart than on the other lines.

Zacatecas is a wonderful city to visit. The historic center is fairly compact and is walkable. There are lots of museums and nice parks. Be sure to take the Teleferico (cable car)...great views of the city.

The city is similar to Guanajuato, but is much colder. The afternoons this week were comfortable...sunny and warm enough not to need a jacket or sweater. The mornings and evenings were quite chilly. Even with two heavy blankets on the bed, we still had to wear sweatpants/long-sleeved t-shirts to sleep at night (most hotels don't have heat...especially the budget ones).

April would be a good month to visit since the rainy season won't start for a couple of months. The temperatures will be warmer than now. I don't know when Easter is next year, but hotels are often booked during the week or so leading up to Easter, so you might want to keep that in mind.

Have a great trip!

Cindi

5. Re: Bus from Zac to GTO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 14, 2010