We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homes for sale in Guanajuato?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pell Lake, Wisconsin
reviews: 11
Homes for sale in Guanajuato?

Does anyone know of a website where I can find homes for sale in Goanajuato, listed at prices that local people would pay?

The housing on the search-engine-first choice websites seems high to me... Then again, maybe I'm just looking for a house in the wrong area? Or are internet real estate-websites catering to foreigners who are unfamiliar with prevailing housing costs?

Thanks for any help.

New York, NY
reviews: 16
1. Re: Homes for sale in Guanajuato?

From what I can tell there's only one website that has houses in Guanajuato city and I too think prices are higher, directed mostly at foreigners who might be looking on website. One of the great things about Gto is that it's still Mexico, hasn't been overrun by tourists so the only real way to find a house is to go down there, rent a room in one of the 30.00 a night hostels (like Casa Azul) and then walk around, check out cafes and anywhere Americans hang out, also ask people. Good luck -- I have the same dream for someday!

Central Mexico
2. Re: Homes for sale in Guanajuato?

My experience with the area is that the prices on the web are fairly indicative of the actual costs. Since most buyers in Guanajuato are not foreign, I think the prices are not geared towards foreigners. However, there are always houses that haven't been listed that may be cheaper that they know of. You might try e-mailing them and telling them your budget, and see what they have in that range. You would have found a better deal five years ago, but oh well. Of course you would rarely pay the full asking price. Also, you may get a better price by dealing directly with the owner, but considering that you are dealing with real estate internationally, it is a good idea to have a reputable real estate firm working with you. There can be a lot of hoops to jump through in Mexico. We bought a property halfway between Guanajuato and San Miguel, and although the property was for sale by owner, we involved a realtor in the deal. It was worth the extra cost. You can find more realtors in Guanajuato when you go there.