We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting an apartment

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Renting an apartment

I'm thinking of travelling to GTO in March for a month and wondering if it would be cheaper and more convenient to rent a cheap apartment than to stay in hotels or hostels. Any advice on renting an apartment, locations, walkability, etc.? I will be travelling alone for the first part of the trip and want to be somewhere safe, with the freedom to roam...

Guanajuato
1. Re: Renting an apartment

You can see a list of apartment and house rentals at VRBO at this link: vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…1499

Generally, there are no "cheap" apartments available for a single month, unless they are really dumpy or in unsafe areas, or far from the center. For better places, it's a little hard to rent for a single month, because you'll be paying weekly rates instead of monthly rates (like for a six-month lease), but you can save money by having a kitchen.

To reserve an apartment or house, you'll have to make an advance payment of rent and a security deposit of some sort. Good luck in finding your accommodations!

gtomex.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
reviews: 9
2. Re: Renting an apartment

Hi ANorris,

El Zopilote Mojado is a B&B that also rents a couple of apartments by the day or week. The web site is:

www.zopilotemojado.com

La Casa de Doña Ana is also a B&B with apartments for rent by the week or month. The web site is:

www.lacasadedonaana.com

Both B&B's are centrally located in Guanajuato as are the apartments.

If these don't suit or are not available, try this web site for rentals:

www.gtomex.com

Guanajuato is a very safe and walkable city. Just take normal safety precautions that you would in any city...don't flash large amounts of cash for all to see, don't wear expensive jewelry, don't walk in unfamilar and/or deserted areas late at night.

My husband and I have lived in Guanajuato for the past 4+ years and love it.

Feel free to ask questions. Our web site (www.mexican-living-guanajuato.com) has some helpful resources.

Cindi

www.mexican-living-guanajuato.com

3. Re: Renting an apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, September 17, 2009