We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Guadalajara good with infants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Region of Waterloo...
hotels in Guadalajara good with infants

Hello

Looking for advice on a safe place to stay in Guadalajara Mexico in the San Juan de Dios area.

We will be travelling with a 10 month old in Jan or Feb 2014

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 53
1. Re: hotels in Guadalajara good with infants

In my view, the best hotel in that area is Hotel Mendoza, about 3 blocks from the San Juan de Dios market. Another one that's highly rated (including on this forum) is Hotel Morales. I lived in Guadalajara for 4 years and travel there frequently (about 3 times a year), and in my opinion the Mendoza location is a bit better. If you have to stay near San Juan de Dios, I think you'll do well in either of those two hotels.

Having said that, are you restricted to that area of the city? There are hotels in safer and nicer areas in Guadalajara, though it might involve some transport issues if you have business or family to take care of in San Juan de Dios. If you're going there for the market, beware of pickpockets. It's generally pretty safe in the day, though, and there are lots of good bargains to be had there.

Edited: 11:14 pm, November 11, 2013
Region of Waterloo...
2. Re: hotels in Guadalajara good with infants

Thanks for the suggestion...

I am not restricted to that area...it was just suggested to me that it would be a good area to stay...but I am not familiar with it at all so don't know if it is good or not to stay there

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 53
3. Re: hotels in Guadalajara good with infants

Are you in town see the sights? If so, those hotels are closest to most of the historic and cultural attractions. Some like to stay in Tlaquepaque, which is a suburb southeast of Guadalajara. It's about a 20-25 minute taxi ride (about 8-10 US dollars). It's quite a charming area too with good restaurants and a relaxed feel to it. You can also get there on the double decker tour buses, though I'm not sure that feasible in your case. My favorite area, though not necessarily the best for tourism, is the zone around Chapultepec Avenue and Avenida de las Americas, especially on Lopez Cotilla. It's about a kilometer west of the city center and a 3-4 dollar cab ride. It too has lots of options for food and entertainment.

4. Re: hotels in Guadalajara good with infants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 14, 2014