We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ETN versus Primera Plus

Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BC
reviews: 114
ETN versus Primera Plus

I was wondering what the differences were between these two bus lines. Primera Plus is quite a bit cheaper.

The two routes I am considering are Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara to Guanajuato return.

Thanks!

52 replies to this topic
Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 9
1. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

The main difference is that ETN has 3 seats per row and Primera Plus had 4 seats per row. So theoretically ETN has more room (although I swear some of that is lost because they have a larger gangway!). You have wifi on ETN too and you always have 2 bathrooms whilst Primera Plus usually does but not every time.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
reviews: 82
2. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

I've taken Primera Plus, as well as Vallarta Plus and found them both very comfortable. Plenty if room in the seats and lots of leg room.

Friends have taken ETN and described it as quite luxurious.

BC
3. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

Thank you. Sounds like both companies would provide great service, I am a bit surprised that there is a 25% difference in price.

Earlier this year when researching bus trips in Estonia and Latvia, I found out that even the cheapest of three types of bus travel was on par with the standard Canadian bus service, so going up one level was very nice. We don't have any luxury travel here on regular routes.

Brisbane
reviews: 1
4. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

Primera Plus is a great service but having that extra legroom and little leg rests that fold down on the next service level up, ADO Platino and ETN, is well worth it for the over night services!

ETN also has on board wifi...

Edited: 12:26 am, November 06, 2011
Brisbane
reviews: 1
5. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

Primera Plus is a great service but having that extra legroom and little leg rests that fold down on the next service level up, ADO Platino and ETN, is well worth it for the over night services!

Edited: 12:27 am, November 06, 2011
Prince George...
reviews: 10
6. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

We have taken Primera Plus once and ETN a number of times. There is no comparison. Even with the difference in price, ETN is still a bargain compared to anything Canada has to offer.

Guadalajara, Mexico
reviews: 2
7. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

I rather ETN. They control more the velocity of their units. Sersol

BC
8. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

Thanks again for all the input.

Sersol, do you mean that ETN drivers obey the speed limits and drive more safely? If so, I like the sound of that!

Guadalajara, Mexico
reviews: 2
9. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

WE had only one bad experience with primera plus, the driver was driving like "crazy" we reportede to the company. We travel very few time in busses so I can say all drivers in Primera Plus are dangerous?¡ I was very sorprice because I understood that they have speed limits mecanism in their busses.

So better take ETN. I would. Sersol

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
reviews: 82
10. Re: ETN versus Primera Plus

Because I am not very tall, I found that Vallarta Plus and Primera Plus had plenty of leg room and I was able to sleep easily on both.

ETN does sound nice!

Reply to: ETN versus Primera Plus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted