We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Rosa...
reviews: 55
We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

Let me start by saying, this is more than we could have asked for in a honeymoon! Zihua is beautiful and that's an understatement. Already had the most amazing sunset this evening, with a romantic walk on la ropa beach. We've eaten twice and already had two terrific, memorable meals. I hope this trip just gets better and better. It was pretty rough going thru Mexico City international. Not a fun place but we powered thru it and it paid off!

Please let us know any advice or opinions about what to do while spending 13 nights in Zihua! Any and all recommendations are welcome! We love trying new things and are pretty open minded! Thanks again for getting us here and can't wait to read your suggestions! Thanks TA Forum Freaks!

Santa Rosa...
1. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

Oh yea! My wife wants to get a manicure and pedi, lol! Know of any good spots near viceroy or in town that are sanitary and clean?

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
2. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

If you haven't yet, stroll over the foot bridge just "past the marina pier", to Lety's for some great coconut shrimp or shrimp stuffed fish. Take a panga from the marina pier and spend an afternoon on Las Gatas beach. Take a bus or taxi to Playa Linda and catch a panga out to Ixtapa Island for some snorkeling. Have a dinner in Ixtapa at the Marina.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
reviews: 26
3. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

Don't forget to try the "alhambres" at restaurant Los Braseros on Ejido street in centro- and El Manglar on La Ropa (over the foot bridge from the beach) where they are known for their 27 spice tuna as well as many other delicious meals....great people...say hi from me please...and they are closed on Wednesdays.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 67
4. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

My wife loves the shop at the corner of Cinco de Mayo & Jose Moreles for nails. Clean & Sanitary. Believe it's called Lupita's.

Santa Rosa...
5. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

Great you guys! I will let Melissa try the 27 spice tuna! She loves fish! I'm more of a shell fish guy so those coconut shrimp sound great! Thanks for the tip on lupitas! We will be sure to check it out! Such a great first night last night. At breakfast Melissa acquired about 6 bug bites that started to swell pretty bad so we went back to the room for a Benadryl and shower. Any tips for bug bites, lol???

Lewiston, California
reviews: 67
6. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

Second Linda's recommendation of the 27 spice Tuna. Best seafood dish in Zihua IMO.

UNITED STATES
reviews: 75
7. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

I suggest hanging out at Elvira's right on LaRopa Beach. I love their tortilla soup. Their breakasts are fantastic too...

In town...I suggest going to Tamales Any (sounds like ANNIE's)...everything there is good and reasonable in price.

I suggest getting up early (before Dawn) one day...and taking a taxi to the fishermens' area by the basketball court and watch as all the fishmermen arrive with their catch of the day and how that whole are becomes bustling busy. Sit at the little Café right there and enjoy your morning coffee and later enjoy breakfast. Can never remember the name of it but very good food and reasonable for breakfast and a million choices. Then...walk over to the pier and like Ted Suggested...go over to Las Gatas for the day and just hang out there ....very pretty water color there. Find a place to hunker down and let them wait on you all day. We liked Otilla's but keep an eye on your bill for only the charges you made...enjoy.....

Edited: 11:44 am, August 05, 2013
Santa Rosa...
8. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

Thanks Mary Anne and peddler!! You guys rock!!

Minnesota
reviews: 8
9. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

At Lety's my favorite is the shrimp in chipotle cream sauce!!!

Lety's serves this over noodles, but will do rice for those that need to stay gluten free.

Keith

UNITED STATES
reviews: 75
10. Re: We're Here! Honeymoon in Zihua!

How are you liking the Viceroy? Is it all you hoped for??

Enjoy that honeymoon! Take lots of pix and post for us that are still counting down and need our "fix"