We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last night - Special Dinner?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Punta de Mita...
reviews: 1
Last night - Special Dinner?

Hi All, We are looking for somewhere special to eat on our last night in Zihuatanejo. Although we would love somewhere with a great atmosphere/view/service, the most important thing is fantastic food! Thanks so much for any and all advice!

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 107
1. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

La Casa Que Canta or Amuleto are both pretty special.

Punta de Mita...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

Thanks Cath -- I'll look into both those places. Also both El Suspiro and Tentaciones have been recommended to us...does anyone have an opinion about either of these places?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
3. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

I can recommend Tentaciones for sure. Went last December and will return next time we get down this winter. The view is great, the food is fantastic and the service is top notch. Note that normally it is a pre-set 5 course menu only, so no perusing a menu to "find something you will like" - they will make changes based on allergies but it is not true a la carte dining at Tentaciones (at least during high season I think).

4. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:06 am, January 17, 2015
Gurnee, Illinois
reviews: 18
5. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

Tentaciones is great. We went on Valentine's Day this year. Arrive early so you can enjoy a drink at sunset. Fantastic service.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
6. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

My only problem with Tentaciones is it is usually a fixed menu and it's "bend over and grab your checkbook: time. Can be a lot of money for something one of you may not care for. On the other hand, the sister restaurant, Espuma, at least gives you choices and a bit more reasonable.

UNITED STATES
reviews: 75
7. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

I love Il Mare...good luck w/ your research.

Woodside
reviews: 18
8. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

Amuleto or Casa que Canta!

Il Mare is a must-do for another night.

Tentaciones has a great view but only fair food. And you need to mortgage your house to eat there. Prix fixe also means set menu.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
9. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

Just to clarify pricing at Tentaciones due to a few remarks about the high cost, it was $190 for the fixed 5 course meal for two with drinks (4 beer, 3 glasses of wine, Pellegrino for waters, etc). So very comfortable for an upscale dinner for two with a beautiful view and superior service.

Most decent hotels will have the menu ahead of time (ours had the menu for the full week) so you can confirm if you might not want to go due to not liking a main course item, etc.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
10. Re: Last night - Special Dinner?

And mine was $276 US (that would = 2 trips to Flemings here) which was 2 meals and one of their more reasonably priced bottles of "local" wine. No question about the view, but food was so so at best.

Edited: 2:57 pm, June 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo