We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confirmation of walking route

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 2
Confirmation of walking route

If I want to walk from the south end of La Ropa into town, along the beach, the following is my understanding ....... please comment if I am mistaken - - thanks.

Once I get to the north end of La Ropa, I must go up the hill/slope via stairs to street level. Then walk northbound along street or sidewalk until I can take stairs? down to Madera. From this point, I can walk along the beach the rest of the way into town.

Is this correct?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo
reviews: 26
1. Re: Confirmation of walking route

You have it correct. Enjoy.

Calgary, Alberta
2. Re: Confirmation of walking route

Thanks ................. 11 more sleeps !!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Confirmation of walking route

Would not do it at night however...only in the day...and take water along!!

Enjoy!!

Calgary, Alberta
4. Re: Confirmation of walking route

Gotchya, understand - thanks.

Trail, Canada
5. Re: Confirmation of walking route

There are some great vistas from the high portions of that walk . If you have have no particular goal I would cross the canal at the end of the Madera pathway and finish walking the paseo along Playa Principal past many shops and restaurants and the basketball court and fisherman's area all the way to the pier . This is where the Las Gatas ferry leaves from .

Take note just before you cross the first canal , the street along the madera side of the canal is Calle Adelita with many worthy dining options . A cab can deliver you there for supper and you can cross the canal as you please to access the town to walk around . We prefer the beach route from Calle Adelita because there are sometimes musicians at the restaurants or the basketball court . Directly across from the basketball court there is access to a pedestrian only walking and shopping area . Cross the road , make a short right past a liquor store to get some ice cream or a fresh fruit , hand made mexican popsicle , a paleta , a national specialty teeming with real fruit . Wander at will day or night . Cab back if you choose .

Calgary, Alberta
6. Re: Confirmation of walking route

Thanks very much juanrojo ........... great information - - can't wait.

Ontario
7. Re: Confirmation of walking route

Hola,

I'll be in Zihua in two weeks, any suggestions of real estate people or office I'd like to view some water front condos??

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
8. Re: Confirmation of walking route

Please repost as a new topic...you will get more respones. This topic is about a walking route...

Never good to hijack a different topic...

Edited: 10:28 am, February 06, 2013
henderson
reviews: 3
9. Re: Confirmation of walking route

enjoy!! I agree walk the side street too or you might miss Ruffo's and a bunch of other good eats.

Have fun. We loveeeeeeeeeee zihua

Calgary, Alberta
10. Re: Confirmation of walking route

Yes, can't wait to explore all the eating/drinking establishments, and getting lost - - if that's even possible !!!