We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito Problem

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, Rhode...
reviews: 7
Mosquito Problem

Hi,

Will be there in two weeks..is mosquito a problem this year. When we were there two years ago, there weren't any! I have read that this year may be a problem there...just wondering. Thanks.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
1. Re: Mosquito Problem

So they say but after a short 4 days or so not a bite.

Escanaba, Michigan
reviews: 11
2. Re: Mosquito Problem

I always plan on bugs, I'll be bite up the first night!

Portland
reviews: 8
3. Re: Mosquito Problem

Mosquitoes have not been an issue for us yet this year.

Traverse City...
4. Re: Mosquito Problem

Mosquitos are a huge problem in Zihuatanejo this winter! And this is usually not the case. Rumor has it that the city can not afford to spray. Would not consider heading out sunset on without repellant at least on the ankles

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
reviews: 26
5. Re: Mosquito Problem

I believe that it depends where you are or where you are going. We always spray our ankles & feet when out after 5pm. More for the no-seeums than the mosquitoes. That simple action makes for no bites of any kind. Of course if you are going for a walk in the jungle or are near lots of vegetation and in the shade, spray.

6. Re: Mosquito Problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo