We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zihuatanjeo info needed

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MINNESOTA
Zihuatanjeo info needed

How far is the nearest commercial (walmart) from Hotel Irma? Also does Irma have Palapas or umbrellas for guests to use on the beach?

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
1. Re: Zihuatanjeo info needed

No but there is a restaurant with lounge chairs & umbrellas near by.

The Commercial Mexicana or Bodega (Walmart) are walk-able probably a bit over a mile. Near each other maybe 4 blocks apart. I usually walk to them but cab back. For groceries I much prefer the Commercial but for sundries The Bodega.

Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
2. Re: Zihuatanjeo info needed

I would cab to either store just because the cabs are so cheap and save some walking energy for shorelines or other more interesting walks . Peddlar's got nothing but time but many of us have only got a week or two . Both stores stay open quite late and we typically go after a supper in town , cabbing both ways from centro to do chores at night and save beach time for the day .

Monument, Colorado
reviews: 1
3. Re: Zihuatanjeo info needed

Irma does not have anything down on the beach for guests. But a short walk (100 yards or so) and there are places to use chairs and umbrellas as long as your having a couple drinks. There is an OXXO (like 7-11) a short walk downhill from Irma and across the first "Driving" bridge on the canal. Not sure what items your looking for at from the Walmart, but OXXO has snacks, smokes, coffee, yogurt, beer, ice, coolers and even hard liquor. Though....the prices for hard liquor are a little steep compared to others in town. From that OXXO, you can walk towards town and within two blocks find a bakery for something to go with morning coffee or better yet the deposito to buy cases of returnable beer to go in that OXXO cooler. 180 pesos for your first case (SAVE YOUR RECEIPT)then when you bring back the empties, your next case is 80 pesos!! CHA-CHING! Oh, you will want to get a cab to bring it back to Irma for your room cooler, unless you own a mule.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
4. Re: Zihuatanjeo info needed

Hey Juan! As a Ole fart who knows how much time I got? LOL

PS My waking everywhere has resulted in losing over 70#'s of flab in the last 5 years.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 27
5. Re: Zihuatanjeo info needed

We only stay for a week and we always walk TO the Comercial Mexicana and cab back....and all over town too.

You gotta burn off all those Mexican pastry and pina colada calories somehow!

UNITED STATES
reviews: 55
6. Re: Zihuatanjeo info needed

we stayed at irma and loved it.

We had breakfast at Margarita's then walked the rest of the way to commercial Mexicana...stocked up and taxi'd back. Prices were reasonable. we had brought thermo mugs along and mixed own drinks in the room and enjoyed our time at the pool.

Walk down the 80 steps to the beach and there are palapa for use from the beach bars just for buying a little food and drink from them...beer is super cheap on madera and the food is reasonable too. enjoy!!

7. Re: Zihuatanjeo info needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo