We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MINNESOTA
Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

We are staying at Hotel Irma and we have friends staying on La Ropa near Paty's. We are wondering how the walk is from Hotel Irma over to la Ropa beach. Can you walk the beach all the way or do you have to walk the road. Is it a easy walk or are we better off taking a taxi. We plan to spend time at both places. Also if you are familair with Hotel Irma, could you tell me if they offer beach towels to use or do we need to bring our own.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
1. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

I walk it often but it is a bit of a uphill climb at first. There is a sidewalk so you do not need to walk in the road.

It is not possible to walk the beach as some geniuses decided not to extended the beach walkway. I suspect some wealth owners of property were favored.

Edited: 10:21 am, January 20, 2013
Monument, Colorado
reviews: 1
2. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

Just got back from Irma last night. (and freezing now with about 80* difference in temps)

Yes, they have you sign out beach towels that you can swap out all week. You will need to walk the road to get to the VERY steep "road that will take you down to the beach. Its all walkable if you want to do it.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 25
3. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

Not a far walk but just very steep as was mentioned! Head out the front door of the Irma, veer right and look for the main road.

Stick to the shady side, take water, and watch your footing on the cracked sidewalks.

It is an interesting walk with a lovely view over to La Ropa. Should take about twenty minutes at 'stroll' speed.

UNITED STATES
reviews: 48
4. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

It is a lovely walk

have stayed at irma,and we would head out about 9 and walk to laropa and hang out for the day at Elvira's which is next door to paty,s.

then we would climb the steps next door which led us up to the sunset bar at the hotel catalina and enjoy a gorgeous sunset and cab back from there for about $2.oo US

hey have your friends come have lunch with yoy some day at the hotel irma The food is pretty good. Views outstanding.

MINNESOTA
5. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

That was another question we had. Would our friends be able to use our facilities at the Irma. They would buy their own drinks and food, so would they be able to sit poolside with us?

Monument, Colorado
reviews: 1
6. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

We had friends stop by at Irma without issue. If your friends purchase drinks and don't cause a ruckus', I doubt the waiters or staff would mind making some extra tips. If the hotel guests were at a loss for chairs and said something to managment, there could be an issue. But I'd venture that wont be a problem.

henderson
reviews: 3
7. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

it was low season but we stopped to vist friends and have lunch and drinks w/ at the IRma when we stayed at a condo. We just told the front desk meeting friends at the restaraunt...and all was well. Issak the waiter remembered me from my previous trip and was happy to serve me.

MINNESOTA
8. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

Are we able to use the facilities at the sister hotel " Villa Mexicana"? Thank you all very much for the information. We have stayed in Ixtapa for the last 5 years and this is our first time staying in Zihua. We are very excited for our trip and any hints and tips are apppreciated.

henderson
reviews: 3
9. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

if they are not at full occupancy you should be able to. Ask at the front desk of irma and they can call down there for you and check. It is easy to find it is next door to patys...they have a beautiful setting right on the beach . Any one can stop and eat at their restaruant also...check it out.

since you have been in ixtapa before you have agood feel for the general area already.....enjoy...

If i may give some advice...when at irma or on laropa...take the time to really talk to the waiters..I think you will enjoy their company and you can learn so much from them. My favorites at irma were fernando and also issack (sounds like Esssackk)...great guys and on laropa at elvira's Moses is just a soft spoken kind man that will take care of all your needs in afriendly non pushy or hurry you up way.

have a fantastic trip...cheers

Edited: 9:38 pm, January 23, 2013
10. Re: Walk from Hotel Irma to Paty's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 25, 2014