We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 2
Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

Better spelling this time

1. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:06 am, January 17, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
2. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

Thanks, I understand what you are saying and I will certainly enjoy the adventure of this part of the trip. I was just hoping to get a "short list" of some places that stand out, as far as people who frequent the area....... as a guide only.

5 more weeks !!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

One thing I will remind you of..KNOW what you ordered...don't run a tab for very long. If you eat at any place for breakfast...pay that bill...before you move on out to a sun chair and start to drink. Less of a tab...less chance of the bill being wrong. Always look at your bill...and if there are attachments, look at them...there are a few places (unnamed!!) that will not add the attachments right...or a waiter who wants more money will staple a plain piece of paper over the actual bill, with a reversal of some numbers...like $118 pesos becomes $181. We all know this happens...we have run into it in various places...and it happens NOT just in Zihuatanejo...

Always look at the menu before you go in...that way you know the prices and feel comfortable going in if it is in your price range. We all have different budgets, and different tastes...that is why there are so many different restaurants!!

Ask around when you run into tourists...ask them where they have been eating, gets you a good idea of what they like...and how they were treated. And ask them how much things were...to see if it is within your budget. Never be embrassed to say no to some place if it isn't what you want/or your budget.

I enjoy Dona Prudencia restaurant which is part of Villas Mexicana hotel...I like it because I don't have to have my feet in the sand...it is one step up...and he has a varied menu of different things that you don't always see at other places...and it isn't expensive. When I plan on walking more...don't always want sand all over my feet and get blisters!! Weird maybe...!!!

And also remember...minimum wage is about $5 PER DAY...and the wait staff counts on tips to eek out a living. So always keep that in mind...and back to the top of the message...tip for your breakfast when you pay...then move on out to the sun chair...the wait person might be leaving after breakfast...and that way he/she would get their own tip...wait until sun down...he/she might have gone home...and who knows if they save the tip for them the next day!! You will notice a difference in your service, too, when they know that you liked the service they gave you!!!

Get out of your hotel...start walking...and reading menus...and then report back what you liked and where you chose! Bet you won't have a bad meal anywhere...and you will run out of days before you even begin to touch all the places that you see!!

4. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:06 am, January 17, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
5. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

OK, this is the kind of feedback I have been looking for - thanks.

Any more opinions would be welcome !!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
reviews: 26
6. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

El Manglar- they are famous for their 27 spice tuna steak. Amazing. Everything on their menu is amazing. Very nice atmosphere- wonderful owner..say hi to Memo from me. Look for the wooden bridge that will take you from the beach across the estuary, directly into the restaurant. Always a cool breeze there. Remember that they don't open until noon, and are closed on Wednesdays.

henderson
reviews: 3
7. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

Elvira's ...yum!! and lunch is good too! My fave is Eggs Mexicana w/a side of refriend beans, juice, toast and bacon come in right about $7.00 and sooo good!

If you are downtown by the fish market the little cafe there is good, hot,fresh and reasonable and tons of choices!

Tamale's any has a good breakfast too if you are hanging out in town for some reason

Calgary, Alberta
8. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

Great feedback ............ I'm sure to have a shortlist now before I go, so I at least have some ideas !!!

This will be my (our) first time in Zihu and we are quite looking forward to it.

9. Re: Should be, Eats on La Ropa !!!!! Sorry about that

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo