We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The hamburger guy

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 25
The hamburger guy

Has anyone seen the hamburger guy around town this season? I'm referring to the gentleman who usually sets up his cart just across from the basketball court. Not sure if I'd call his burgers food, art or both, but they are darn good and just watching him cook is a show in itself.

Paradise Valley...
reviews: 5
1. Re: The hamburger guy

Ted 61, I have it from good and reliable sources the the "Hamburguesa Man" has immigrated to Phoenix AZ. He has opened a new business there called:

"Hamburguesa's Under the Golden Sombrero's" One Billion Yet to Be Served

I also have it on good info the he is franchising his operation and one such business opportunity is available in Peewaukee Wisconsin.

I am able, at this time to inform you that for a mere $5000.00 US a Franchise Reservation can be set up in your name. You too can be a Hamburgesa Man.

(Cart not Included)

Please PM me for details and address to send the $5,000.00

Fort Myers, Florida
2. Re: The hamburger guy

That's good to know. Now the people of Phoenix will have something to be proud of cause you sure don't have much of a football team. 58-0 Really! And at the hands of a first year rookie quarterback. This might be a good time to sneak out of town and hold up in Zihua until the football season is over.

p.s. I don't want to hear anything about the Giants

Edited: 1:34 pm, December 10, 2012
USA
reviews: 17
3. Re: The hamburger guy

Did not notice him on our recent trip to the court area.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 29
4. Re: The hamburger guy

This thread reminded me of the woman I called the bread lady when we were there 2 years ago. She walked the neighborhood around Playa La Madera every morning selling those small loaves of bread (what are they called?). Hope she's still making her rounds when we're in Zihua a couple weeks from now.

Fort Myers, Florida
5. Re: The hamburger guy

25 years ago we stayed at a little condo property in Ixtapa called the Coral Ixtapa back in the residential area behind the golf course. When we would take our morning walks, we would see a little bakery delievery truck making the rounds to some of the residents as well as a few little hotels back there. We could buy "fresh" bakery right off the truck direct from the driver. We found out a couple years later that they were part of a restaurant/bakery (Montmarte) that was on the corner across from the Dorado. The restaurant closed and they moved the bakery several times, down sizing each time and eventually closed for good. When they were in a little location behind what is now the General, we would go there for coffee and fresh rolls every morning. I would bring them a pound of butter on our first day in town and they would keep it refrigerated for me. Then every morning when we would stroll over and purchase our fresh bakery and rolls, my butter was still there from the day before. Like the corner candy store we had where I grew up, I miss them both.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
6. Re: The hamburger guy

The "Bollio" lady seems to have retired as I have not seen her for a couple of years. I loved getting some each AM hot & fresh. So Good!

Edited: 7:10 pm, December 10, 2012
Trail, Bc
reviews: 13
7. Re: The hamburger guy

Hope the hamburger guy is still around ! We have told friends going to Zih where to find him and having 'one' of his fabulous burgers is a must !!

Sask
reviews: 10
8. Re: The hamburger guy

Just back from Z and the "bread lady" still making her rounds in Madera area anyways. Approx. 9:30 A.M. I bought from her.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
9. Re: The hamburger guy

ted- I liked that story.

There is a bakery truck that parks on a side street every day on Isla Mujeres and sells baked goods to passersby. I like it. :)

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 29
10. Re: The hamburger guy

Thanks for the info Imanze! Yeah, I bought from her too, just for the experience of it. I'd usually buy 6 bollos (thank you, peddler), which 2 years ago cost 15 pesos, and pay with a 20 or 50 peso note. She'd put the note in one pocket, then from another pull out a bag of coins, and start counting my change in 50 centavo coins, knowing I'd eventually give in and tell her to keep the change. It was our little game, and from my perspective, we both came out winners. :-)

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo