We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paradise Valley...
reviews: 5
Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

Once again I have written to "tripadvisor" asking why they continue to co-join Zihua w/ Ixtapa...................the two towns are seriously different in their atmosphere, accommodation's and beaches..........

Few package deals and flights to Z.........no high rise towers, little or no A.I.'s....................

Would just be a better if each had it's own forum............complete with hotel and restaurant listings.............

If you agree please drop a note to TA..if you don't that;s OK too.

Just my 2 centavos.............

Minnesota
reviews: 6
1. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

They doo have seperate forums!

As well as Potosi, Troncones, and even La ropa now!

Nice and confusing for those that would like to look at the area in general.

I now have to pull up the Guerrerro forums with all the ther Aca stuff ect, just so see if i missed something of interest.

Yeah, seperate sucks IMO.

Keith

P.S. You Posted In The Seperate Zihuatanejo Forum!!!!!

Edited: 8:36 pm, September 07, 2012
Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
2. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

Yeah Keith. It's a @#%$## mess!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 29
3. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

Yes it is a mess.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
4. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

And Trip Advisor is working on it...but they have a glitch in their system which they are trying to resolve.

Really...the area only needs one forum...Ixtapa and Zihua are no different than say Mazatlan downtown/Golden Zone, or Puerto Vallarta Marina area/Romantic Zone...or Las Vegas Strip/downtown...all of which only have one forum. No need for all the forums we have..and with the accuracy of about ZERO...absolutely no need!

Time...time...time...it will all get resolved. Gary and I are working with TA to get it accomplished...just be patient...they have the entire world to work on...so our little forum isn't as important to them as it seems to be to some of you.

UNITED STATES
reviews: 58
5. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

I polietly disagree that they need "one" forum...it's like saying Playa Del Carmen and Akumal Bay are the same.

Zihua and Ixtapa are very different and for all the wonderful reasons travelers love to chose between the two.

Do they need to go off into 6 other sites from there...imo...no.

Paradise Valley...
6. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

Seems like you prefer chaos and confusion as the :Order of the Day"

Let's eliminate all 50 state forums and just pile everything into USA!

but the you are certainly and politely entitled to your opinion. I am a Zihuaphile and could care less about Ixtapa.............for me Ixtapa info is just clutter.

IMO........LOL

Illinois
reviews: 7
7. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's Ixtapa that brings most new people to the area. When you go searching for Mexican vacation options (as we did 6 years ago), the affordable packages to Ixtapa encourages potential visitors to look further into the area. As we made our plans for our first visit, we then learned about what Zihua has to offer. How many people have started their love affair with the area in Ixtapa and then moved on to Zihua? Ixtapa needs a strong presence on TA, IMO.

Minnesota
8. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

Ha!

That would make me a Clutterful kinda guy! LOL

Keith

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 29
9. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

What is 'silly' about it, IMO are the separate forums for Playa La Ropa and Zihuatanejo...as it is unnecessarily confusing for newbies to the area. But, maybe some see a need for some reason for a separate La Ropa forum, I dunno why?

Paradise Valley...
10. Re: Zihuatanejo vs Ixtapa

Here is my point: Until recently there were separate forums...........for what ever reason TA has merged Ixtapa and Zihua forums, once again IMO "stupidity"..

JFTR when I found Zihua 15 years ago I was looking for Zihua not Ixtapa.

Furthermore, Ixtapa IMO is just a clone of Miami Fla. If I want high rise hotels with a beach and a Spanish atmosphere all I need to do is go to Miami, no passport needed either.

Considering our economy here in the good ole USA maybe that is not a bad idea...think I'll book a trip to Miami too..........oops wait a minute, I did that last December.........Doral's Blue Monster was great, as was the Marriott.

Help the USA, see it in a Chevrolet!

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo