We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Intrawest... Again

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
memphis
Club Intrawest... Again

Anyone back from Club Intrawest yet? Looking to see if it's worth the money and all the hype. Got a price of $899 for 5 nts for a 1 bdrm with ocean view and private plunge pool. It also includes $ 100 cert for their rest Zi.. Is it all it's cracked up tp be. Looks amazing, and romantic. Anyone? Sue

Fergus Falls, MN
reviews: 5
1. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

I stayed in a hotel very close to the Intrawest, and I walked by it every day for two weeks. Last year, I watched the construction on it every day. I read a message board on www.zihuatanejo.net/ where people who have stayed there have posted. Based on what I've seen, the complex is ultra-luxury and for $900 you probably received a good deal. The view is awesome. Based upon what people have posted on that site, the meals/drinks are very spendy. You can go to the beach, turn left and have an unbelievable tuna steak at Elvira's for $90 pesos (about $8.50 US). I think you'll enjoy yourself. Have fun!

memphis
2. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

Thanx for the info Mike. Sue

California
3. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

I'm also looking into staying at the Club Intrawest in Zihuatanejo. How did you get such a good $899 for 5 nights! Less than $180 a night. I'm thinking of booking for April 2005. I checked several known websites (Travelocity, etc.) and for one bedrooms they all start at $289. Any thoughts?

Philadelphia, PA
4. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

Sue,

If you don't mind sharing, where did you a deal like that??? I've looked into prices at Club Intrawest, and your price is much less expensive for that type of room than I've seen anywhere.

I am in the process of planning my honeymoon (in August) and we'd really like to stay in a *nice* place and in a room with a private plunge pool, but Casa que Canta and Villa del Sol are too pricey for us for the type of room we want. I've been looking at some of the smaller hotels and B&Bs, but they aren't as many reviews on which to base my decision.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you could give me any information about where you got that deal. Have a great trip!

Sara

memphis
5. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

sara, Unfortunately, that price is only available to RCI timeshare members at this time. Kinda of a promotional thing for recommendations later. But I did find another good deal you may be interested in. On their website they are offering a deal in you sign up for a contest to win a free vacation with them they will give you 2 nites free when you pay for 5 nites.. Nites are based on around $199/nite. Still a little high, but when all put together seems OK. I will send lnk to contest and website. Good luck. Sue

memphis
6. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

Californiadreaming and sara JJ- the web site is www.celebratingzihuatanejo.com

Let me know how you make out. Sue

California
7. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

Thank you for sharing the website (www.celebratingzihuatanejo.com). I went ahead and went into the website and entered into the contest. Literally, a minute later I got an email from Intrawest confirming my entry and with instructions on how to redeem the complimentary accomodations! Can't believe my eyes... it printed an 800 number to call to make the reservations with the special code to get two nights free. Thank you so much. You are fantastic! I'm glad I waited a little longer to get a better deal.

This means so much since it'll be our 21st anniversary and birthday celebration all at once. Too bad I have to go with my two boys (9 years old and a 3 year old). BTW, do you know if the Hotel has a kids club besides the kid's room/internet room? Thank you so much. California-dreaming.

California
8. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

Well, it looks like we're going to be celebrating Zihuatanejo! Thank you Ssteele11 for making it a reality. This morning I called the 800 number and it actually worked. I was able to book a 1 bedroom with panoramic views for $259 (+ 22%tax). But I only had to pay for 5 nights because the last two nights (like you said) are free!!! A much better deal than the $289 + 22% for 7 nights. Let's see, I saved almost $900 bucks in just a few hours. This can be spent on foods and drinks + we got a much better room for the money. We could have booked a 1 bedroom with partial vista for $219. But it's our first time there. anniversary and all... got to get something special. Thank you so much Ssteele11. Hope you have a great trip. California-dreaming of Zihuatanejo. Muchas gracias!!!

memphis
9. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

californiadreaming-

you are so welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay there, I know I will. I am going the week of Easter. When will you be there? About the kids club, not sure. Did you check their website? Anyway, Have a great time. Happy Anniversary and Happy B-Day. Have a great time. Sue

BTW- Check Lonely Planets Thorn Tree Forum for info on things to do for the kids. I know I've seen people advertise for babysitting there in the area. Maybe at least to give you 1 romantic night out together.

California
10. Re: Club Intrawest... Again

Thank you Ssteele11. I'm not sure when Easter week is for you but we're going during my son's spring vacation the 2nd week of April, the 12-19th. Is that Easter?

I check on the "Kid's Club". I actually called the hotel in Zihua (now that I got the number from reservations). They said they do have a "Kid's Workshop" for ages 3-6 and 9-12 separately. They have different hours and usually last three hours at a time for about 150 pesos (or $15 us dollars?). We have to check when we get there. They also have babysitting available at the hotel but I don't know the prices. Usually are pretty high.

Ssteele11, the Lonely Planets forum, is that a website? That is a good idea for other activities para los chicos. Thank you! California-dreaming of Zihua.