We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Place for family reunion?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
washington
Nice Place for family reunion?

I'm looking for a nice place to stay in the Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo area for a group of 34 adults and children. We love nice beaches, but nice, kid-friendly pools are a must too. We prefer nice rooms (comparable to Marriott). Could anyone recommend a place that would fit these criteria either near Ixtapa or other pacific Mexico location?

Thanks!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Nice Place for family reunion?

I would say the Dorado Pacifico in Ixtapa would fit the bill about right. Central location, right across the street from about 50 restaurants and shops. The beach is beautiful and there is a nice kiddy pool and great water slide! There are some nice packages this winter and I have been booking lots of my clients there because of the great specials. Come on down and see why Ixtapa/Zihua is my second home! I just count the days to arrival! Not a bad place to spend 3-4 months! Write if you have any questions.

Minnesota
reviews: 8
2. Re: Nice Place for family reunion?

In Ixtapa, I like the Dorado Pacifico. It has just about all the things you would want for a family get together.

You can google the name to get to their web site.

washington
3. Re: Nice Place for family reunion?

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks like a fun and beautiful place.

Seattle
4. Re: Nice Place for family reunion?

Just got back from Dorado and agree - would be a great place for a large group. There were several large golf groups while we were there. Lots of fun pool activities, etc. Not real upscale - but comfortable.