We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August weather in Ixtapa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 2
August weather in Ixtapa

We are thinking of going to Ixtapa Club Med in August. Has anyone been there then and is it to hot to enjoy the resort. Thank you

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
1. Re: August weather in Ixtapa

It will be hot and humid and of course it is during the Hurricane season...so can get some rain or storms...but sitting under a palapa with a cold one...you won't notice! Come on down and enjoy!!

West Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: August weather in Ixtapa

The Crystal weather ball breaks in August. The humidity normally rises as it is the "rainy" season, which means anything from nothing, to an evening shower to a tropical depression passing the area. Don't let the "Hurricane season" bother you, again they usually pass a couple hundred miles to the west on the way to PV & Cabo.

If you want to be part of the "action" might want to do some more looking, Club Med is a couple miles north of Ixtapa, no shuttle to town. If you want to visit Mexico, you might want to look in ZIH.

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 14
3. Re: August weather in Ixtapa

We are coming to Zi on Monday and I keep checking the forecast to see if it will be sunny! Every day is showing as cloudy- can you tell me if it's truly clouded over there or if that just means the high thin cloud that doesn't really qualify as lousy weather. I've got my fingers crossed!

Minnesota
reviews: 6
4. Re: August weather in Ixtapa

See for your self!!

The camara is only active 7AM-7PM so check tomorrow.

http://www.pacifica.com.mx/camara.php

Have a Great Trip!

Keith

West Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 3
5. Re: August weather in Ixtapa

Check here, ask later,

i.imwx.com/images/sat/mexsat_600x405.jpg

Looks clear & blue to me.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
reviews: 66
6. Re: August weather in Ixtapa

It's never too hot to enjoy paradise. Why are you staying so far out? Most people end up in Zihua for the food and local activities. Why not stay there and be in the middle of everything?

7. Re: August weather in Ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo