We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assisted Living in Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 30
Assisted Living in Vallarta

From what I gather, the Las Palmas Hotel is now an assisted living complex offering an on-site doctor, nurse, activities, 200+ rooms and an all-inclusive plan. I heard this was possibly happening and I thought, "What a great idea!" This may also be perfect for someone with recent health problems or surgery and looking for a safe, monitored environment to recover at.

Check it out here: mexicoassistedliving.com/low-price-assisted-…

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 122
1. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

Thanks bzy. I read an article in some PV newspaper (of the English-speaking variety) several years ago (sorry, can't remember which one) which said (paraphrasing) that the town was getting ready for the onslaught of baby-boomers and was starting to establish places like this.

Sounded like a good plan to me. I bet anything I have that article around here somewhere as I mentally put it on my list of something that might work for me, since I was planning to move to PV.

After spending the last 5 years looking for an assisted living place for my elderly mother (she refused to leave her "independent senior apartment"), sharing this type of information is very important, especially if they accept people temporarily. Good option.

For a skilled facility such as this to accept people temporarily would be part of "medical tourism." Thus, this is "travel-related."

Kudos.

Edited: 12:02 pm, August 16, 2014
Puerto Vallarta
2. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

Interest, I mentioned this concept to the owners 6 years ago, the demographics where already there . His average client spent at least 2 months all inclusive, and they where in the late sixties, good on him

This hotel has a nice spread with fun staff members that have built relationships with their clients over the years \

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
3. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

It's a No Brainer, considering quality of care that the locals are capable of, which seems to be natural to them.

Salmon Arm, Canada
4. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

Bzy..when you say Las Palmas Hotel, is that the Las Palmas by the Sea resort? Just curious if they will stay operating as a resort as well??

Mike :)

Puerto Vallarta
5. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

yes this is the LAs Palmas,, i love this idea, really cool step to get out of the all inclusive competition and setting them selves up first in the lucrative market

Bruce

Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 60
6. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

Anybody look at their prices? See below. Don't know about the US but these are definitely on the high end even for Canada. (From their website).

Week Stay (Single person) – $780

Week Stay (Double Occupancy) $1,100

2 Week Stay (Single person) – $1,509

2 Week Stay (Double Occupancy) - $2,140

Month or longer (Single Occupancy) $3,000 per month

Month or Longer (Double Occupancy) $4,600 per month

Lake Montezuma...
7. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

We've stayed at Las Palmas by The Sea, years ago.....must be the side where their time shares were, I believe they had a condo section for TS. We stayed in the Hotel. Very interesting........

Edited: 2:14 pm, August 16, 2014
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
8. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

Price comparison-wise, in Texas, assisted living facilities cost in the neighborhood of $3000-$5000 and up per month, depending on what all services are included. And no view of the ocean!

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 45
9. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

We pay $5300 for my Mom per month. No ocean or pool or sunsets. :)

Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 60
10. Re: Assisted Living in Vallarta

First, thank you to bzy1 for posting this option.

I just want to report our costs as of now. I calculated our fixed costs for our 1800 sq. ft condo which we own in a resort in the Hotel zone.

Without food, but including all utilities and taxes, our monthly cost is under $500 US per month.

$3000 US per month seems high to me since one could hire very qualified staff in Mexico to help you out on a very personal level in your own home.

Sorry Josh. I can't let you tell everyone this is low-cost for all. Maybe for the Kardashians, but not for everyone .