We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

A bunch of friends and I are planning to go to Puerto Vallarta in the March/April 2014 timeframe and are looking for the right resort for a bachelor party. Each of the last two years we went to a Mexico- Cancun in 2012 and Cabo San Lucas in 2013. We stayed at GR Solaris in Cancun and RIU in Cabo San Lucas and had a great time. The resort in Cabo seemed to have more people around our age.

We are looking for an All Inclusive resort geared towards singles and with some lively bars/scene before we heading out to the clubs. Since we are all a little older now we are looking for the right resort with people in their mid to late 20s. In the past, we had fun meeting other groups of people and making friends and then all going out to the clubs to party together.

We want a couple options to consider for the resort, any recommendations would be appreciated. Our price range is anywhere from 900-1200ish pp for around 8 guys.

Thanks in advance!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 5
1. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

In addition to all inclusive resort, you might consider a villa for 8 people in the Zona Romantica close to the clubs. Have a look at www.vrbo.com. This way you can party then bring the party home.

Calgary, Canada
2. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

Maybe look into the Buenaventura or Canto del Sol. There really aren't any specific resorts "geared" to certain age ranges, but the two noted above do have decent social pool sides, and both are very close to the nightclubs downtown (most resorts don't bother with on-site nightlife in PV, they leave it to the clubs downtown).

I do think the idea of a villa is a decent one unless you're married to the all inclusive thing. This way you guys are your own party, and if you meet other people around town you want to hang out with, you have your own built-in social scene.

Seattle
reviews: 12
3. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

I'd stick with the idea of a resort. I wouldn't recommend for this age group staying in a villa because then you're "stuck" with only your own group. Obviously from their post, they want to socialize! suze

Calgary, Canada
4. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

When staying in a villa, you don't have the restrictions you do staying in a condo, or even in a resort, when it comes to inviting guests over. The villa is yours to use for the time you rent it - that includes having guests over.

That's why I mentioned it as "having their own built-in social scene".

Edmonton
reviews: 14
5. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

The resorts you have mentioned are more like the resorts in Nuevo Vallarta, but because you want to club it at night, wouldn't suggest staying there since it is a 45min. ride back in a cab at night and could get pricey. (Unless you don't mind that, then I would look at the Riu's in Nuevo).

Maybe look at Now Amber, it may have the same kinds of things that the others did (but would probably be more families), Secrets is adults only and is attached to the NA with you having use of both sides. The Holiday Inn has a good social atmosphere as well, but it (and the Canto and Buenaventura are older and not as much of a resort feel as the Riu's), but still good properties.

Seattle
6. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

<when it comes to inviting guests over>

All well and good, but you have to meet people first!

I don't see how anyone can argue that you wouldn't meet more people hanging around the bars/pools at a large resort, than you would if you stay in a rented private home.

Edited: 5:44 pm, December 09, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 77
7. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

"Inviting people over"

I don't think they are talking about inviting the tourists over.

Remember this is a bachelor party. Some or most resorts don't allow bringing in girls from the outside. Guys, single and in their twenties might need a place that allows guests.

"Funman"

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
8. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

Thus the Condo option :)

Puerto Vallarta...
9. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

Check out the Riu Jalisco and Dreams. I'd probably go with Dreams as it's closer to town and you'll definitely want to check out the bars/clubs on the malecon. Pelicanos is even closer.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
10. Re: Resort for mid to late 20s guys in Puerto Vallarta

You will be traveling during spring break, you may want to follow studentcity.com vallartaspringbreak.com for different hotels hosting... different hotels host parties on different night/weeks before heading out to the clubs.