We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
reviews: 7
Trip report

Arrived Sunday after an hour delay was pleased to see the improvements at the airport since the last time I was here 2011 ! We went across the bridge for a taxi to conchas chinas for 150 Pesos . We stayed across from Linda mar so it was convenient to have dinner at La playita - food is fine but sitting by the beach having dinner watching the gorgeous sunsets is amazing ! The next day we woke to a tremendous rainstorm oh oh I was worried then heard it was due to Manuel and Ingrid I was relieved when it finally cleared up but it was sad to see the devastation in Acapulco 😞 we went into town and changed money at ci banco exchange on olas altas got a great rate just had to show my passport was entered in the system given a number so I wouldn't have to take my passport again ! Had dinner at joe jacks very good ps this is a great place to go if you're alone as well as with company 😄 this was a rest and relax vacation so I spent the days walking around town reading at the pool and dining out . Other places I went were Vitea on the malecon - delicious ! El Brujo another fave and blue shrimp - again on the beach great seafood and sunsets to watch plus they have an amazing singer who is fantastic ! Guacamole made fresh at the table is so good and their coconut shrimp is to die for ! Bus was 7 pesos to town taxi 50 pesos . Farmacia Guadalajara has competive prices for Motrin etc and some quick grab and go basic groceries . I did go to a fruteria one day and got some watermelon to go when I felt like a light lunch . For my final treat onto last night I got a fantastic massage by Angie at metamorfosis day spa I had seen her 2 years ago and loved her massage I emailed her from here and set up my appointment . When I walked in it was like seeing an old friend she is just so warm and kind the massage was great a great end to my stay . As usual great people - kind and friendly , amazing food and the perfect vacation spot to relax thank you PV !

san francisco
reviews: 7
1. Re: Trip report

Ps forgot coco's kitchen for lunch and also la playita for breakfast - the frittata Eduardo was yummy !

Chicago, Illinois...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Trip report

sound's like you had a great time! thanks for the report..can't wait going in 3 weeks can't wait for the great food,cold drinks,and those amazing sunsets

Eugene, Oregon
reviews: 5
3. Re: Trip report

Sounds like you had a great time, I hardly wait to get back there! Dec.30th yes!

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 58
4. Re: Trip report

Sounds like a very successful trip. Thanks for your report!

Calabasas, CA
reviews: 1
5. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a wonderful time. We are counting the days when we will be there in November.

Longmont, Colorado
reviews: 37
6. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the trip report giantsgrl. Glad the weather wasn't an issue for you . Sounds like you had a great time! I want to try El Brujo this time and Vitea looks great too. Can't wait to get there in October!

So Cal
reviews: 8
7. Re: Trip report

You did a great trip. Glad to hear the rain was only temporary. El Brujo is a favorite of mine too. :)

San Diego
reviews: 174
8. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great time. I love Joe Jack's - glad you do too.

Poland, Ohio
reviews: 32
9. Re: Trip report

giant---glad you had a relaxing and fun time---I love el brujo too. glad the weather was a non-issue

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
reviews: 198
10. Re: Trip report

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a fun time was had!!:)