We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mailing packages

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha
reviews: 25
Mailing packages

Where can I safely mail packages from in PV? I am going to be staying at Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa.

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Mailing packages

I would ask someone at the hotel.

Sumner, Washington
reviews: 165
2. Re: Mailing packages

The mail box etc, in old town in the Rivera Molino building is very good & helpful

https://www.facebook.com/MailBoxes.Etc.PV

3. Re: Mailing packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:06 pm, September 15, 2013
Great Neck, NY
reviews: 32
4. Re: Mailing packages

Hey suze - i have a feeling that the one on the BB south side is no longer & they longer - last time we were there i believe, there WAS another once at the end of constitution near where you catch the bus to go south, but they only did shipping within Mexico if i am correct - I would go with Mailboxes Etc.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
5. Re: Mailing packages

Mailboxes Etc. is the only way to go.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 96
6. Re: Mailing packages

JR

Does Mailboxes Etc insure? If I load up on Hernandez ceramics they will pack it and insure it? I want to buy more big (chip size) bowls as well as smaller ones. A variety of special shaped ceramics, plates of various sizes etc. I won't have to take anything there except my ceramics and pesos???

new york
reviews: 34
7. Re: Mailing packages

Mail Boxes Etc. is the only way to go.

Yes, they do insure. We mailed stuff back home in June with Mailboxes and it was carefully packed and everything arrived two days later. The people there are very nice and will answer any questions you have. Our packages weren't even opened at customs. I was more than pleased with the service.

In any event, do NOT use the UPS authorized carrier on the south side. They are in front of the first bus stop to Mismaloya. Not only did they not package our items properly, we had a picture missing from the box. The rest of the tiems in the box were in little pieces and unsalvagable. I can't prove they took the picture but they were very, very upset and uneasy when we visited their office about it and got very defensive.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 96
8. Re: Mailing packages

Besides mailing some things home, I'm trying to decide about that vs cramming them in my suitcase with lots of padding. I'm trying to figure out which is the "rougher handling," or which will make it home in one piece.

Last time I mailed some things home. The store took them to DHL? (They had an account with them). They were flimsy wrapped. I was surprised they made it up here within 2 days. There were two packages. One was great and the other was broken. :( Luckily they were insured and then I asked for my money back (from the shop). They were happy to do that (and they felt bad too) and sent the money because its too hard for them to send me more Hernandez. Each is individually hand painted and their taste might be different than mine. So its great to know about Mailboxes Etc.

new york
reviews: 34
9. Re: Mailing packages

Mailboxes etc. used DHL to ship out our packages also BUT Mailboxes etc. packed them. That was the big difference. They packed our items so well that we found tiny pieces of foam peanuts for a week. Lol. They did use

Bubble pack also. The peanuts were just fillers to take up extra space.

Calgary, Canada
10. Re: Mailing packages

I watched the staff at Mail Boxes Etc crate and pack a huge, heavy marble sink for a customer one time. They know what they're doing, and they are who I would use for things I want to arrive in one piece.

In terms of mailing packages via regular post, I guess you could if you didn't place a significant monetary value on it, and didn't care when it arrives (as you'll likely beat it home by several weeks). BTW, I have the same feelings about regular postal service here too - have had more than a few items "disappear" or arrive weeks later completely damaged. So nowadays, if I value it, I send it by means I can track it and insure it. The peace of mind is worth the extra $$.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta