We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to PV need help with Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor,Ontario...
Never been to PV need help with Resort

Going away this Christmas first time, originally we were looking at Cabo but flights were not working out for us so we decided to try PV.

The trip will be my husband and myself and our 25 yr old daughter, she is meeting us there for 5 days.

What we are looking for in an Al resort is: close to town, lots of food options not just buffets, nice beach and not a spring break atmosphere. Are the Now, Secrets and Dreams are best options?

Location wise are they walking distance to town?

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 129
21. Re: Never been to PV need help with Resort

" ...... Walking on the island in the Rio Cuale is another nice area."

A big second to that ... we especially enjoy the quieter and more peaceful area 'above' (east of) the Insurgentes street bridge.

There are walking trails alongside the river (with views of surrounding neighbourhoods), the interesting area at the Cultural Centre (especially when various classes are in session, or there are concerts, and etc.), and a lovely spot at the back of the Centre, to just sit and 'reflect'.

For us, it's our 'oasis' away from the hustle, bustle, and noise of the city .. when needed.

(edit to corrrect some of my typing!!)

Edited: 5:09 pm, July 14, 2013
Windsor,Ontario...
22. Re: Never been to PV need help with Resort

thanks everyone for all the suggestions and knowledge about PV. Now looking at flights hopefully

it all works out.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 1
23. Re: Never been to PV need help with Resort

johnny2bc, I agree. isla rio cuale above insurgentes is worth an afternoon. No vendors, peaceful, you can walk to the upper tip of the island for a view. Bolero Café is a nice place for lunch. Food consistently good. Unfortunately most people don't venture beyond Le Bistro.

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 58
24. Re: Never been to PV need help with Resort

From the area near the Cultural Center it's also nice to continue across the new pedestrian bridge to Gringo Gulch above downtown. It's very quiet there too and enjoyable to look at the homes. You can take a right inland and explore the neighborhood further or left back down to downtown. It's quite photogenic up there, lots of different doorways and that kind of thing.

Puerto VAllarta...
25. Re: Never been to PV need help with Resort

Senora Vittoria, parla italiano!!!, me neither... excellent, time of the year to visit PV and all banderas Bay. it seem to me you looking to stay in a nice hotel where you can find things to do, shops, to visit and over all the tradicionales fiestas Guadalupana, presessions, lots of traditional mariachi songs, and off course it is y christmas, you will see the majestuosito of the Sierra Madre mountaiin muy bonita!!!!, and tht's the season to go whale watching, so you best bet .... for nice view of vallarta and .... fire works mayan palace, westin Regina, if you like all inclusive, melia..... you know i have heard really nice complements of the Al resorts.

sincerly

AL

26. Re: Never been to PV need help with Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 18, 2013
27. Re: Never been to PV need help with Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 18, 2014