We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
reviews: 8
Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Every trip to Vallarta-Nayarit, my husband and I are always on the lookout for places that serve up truly awesome Margaritas. Many of the standard Margaritas taste like Sprite mixed with tequila and ice, while a lot of the premium ones, even at the higher-end restaurants, don't quite hit the mark either. So for us, the search is still on! We're absolutely sure that in the grand land of Tequila, there just has to be an awesome Margarita out there, somewhere, just waiting to be discovered!

Please help us discover it... Where have YOU found the best Margarita in town?

NOTE: We do have a tendency to try to find something similar to my husband's killer home-made Margaritas: He blends ice, a canister of Minute Maid frozen limeaid, freshly squeezed limes, Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix, Sauza Conmemorativo, triple sec, Presidente, and then pours the icy concoction into a salted glass, topping it off with a light sprinkling of Grand Marnier. Mmmmm....

Does anyone know of a grocery store in Vallarta-Nayarit that carries frozen Limeaid or something very similar? This is a vital ingredient for our home-made Margaritas. :-)

In advance, I thank you for your suggestions!

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 118
1. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Sorry, but the "SEARCH" function really can be your 'friend'. There are so many threads, and posts on 'the' best margarita. To each his/her own, and on, and on, and on ...

Grimsby, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Jmo. (Or our opinion). La Playita has something that's quite unique. Its the worst & the best @ the same time. It tastes good, very good. Its gets you drunk, very drunk real fast. We have tried Margs in many different places, the search continues. Cafe Bohemia quite good. Coco tropical just OK. The best Marg for me is actually in Detroit MI. Made with lots of tequila, orange liqueur, roses lime juice, a splash of GM. Trick is glass filled with ice. Seen it, done it, ice to cut it. Then you know your not getting the sweet & sour mix. FYI. Do not make a marg with really good tequila. A waste of the nectar

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
3. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

When you say "Vallarta-Nayarit" what do you mean, one is a City, the other a State ?

Sacramento...
4. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Hello again, JR.

The newly coined tourism term for the area all along Banderas Bay (to include both Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta) is Vallarta-Nayarit. I try to keep up on these things as much as possible. You might enjoy watching the brand new YouTube video put out by the tourism officials representing both states. The video is aptly entitled: Vallarta-Nayarit.

You may enjoy reading the following article from Puerto Vallarta's official website: www.visitpuertovallarta.com

Ten Million Dollars to Promote Vallarta-Nayarit

Many VIPs were in attendance last week as a meeting was held to launch the proposal of the Integral International “Vallarta-Nayarit” Promotion Program to increase tourist competitiveness in this region of the Pacific. The proposed budget amounts to more than 10 million dollars in one year, which is an unprecedented investment for tourism in the region. The monies will go toward TV spots, radio, internet, newspapers, magazines and promotional trips.“Vallarta-Nayarit” is a joint project aimed at a close alliance between Jalisco State Governor Aristóteles Sandoval, PV Mayor Ramón Guerrero, the Tourism Board, the Tourist Promotion Counsel, and the governments of Nayarit and Jalisco, with the backing of the Federal government. This joint promotion will be a powerful tool for reaching far into international markets where potential tourists need to know what Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit have to offer, proving the Banderas Bay can compete with the other first-class world tourist destinations.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
reviews: 36
5. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Hmmm...El Presidente brandy in a Margarita? It sounds unconventional, but I'll bet it sure gives your margs an extra kick. I'm going to have to try your recipe; I doubt you'll find anything close to it in a restaurant or bar in PV, so I'd just make them at home.

(I'm wondering if a few containers of the frozen limeade and an ice pack wrapped in a plastic baggie would survive the trip from the U.S. when you go down to PV. I might try it on my next trip.)

Sacramento...
6. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Getting back to Margaritas...

Thank you so much JMGMexico, I really appreciate your tips. I will definitely make an effort to visit the bars/restaurants you mention. And hopefully they will still be open in late August and early September. So far, our favorite Margaritas are from Nacho Daddy, but we are still searching for that next great discovery! And we are having a lot of fun along the way....

Hello ElenaMex:

The Presidente Margaritas really are awesome. I hope you'll give the recipe a try! When we hosted a 150-person wedding reception for a friend in the garden of our Sacramento home, my hubby was assigned as bartender simply because of the way he makes this drink. Just prior to the event, he premixed all the ingredients together, except for the ice and the Grand Marnier. It worked out great.

I do wish I could pack frozen Limeaid containers in my suitcase with ice bags, LOL, but I'm sure they'd totally meltdown. On our next trip down to Vallarta-Nayarit, my husband will try substituting packets of powdered lime drink mix that we've seen at MEGA. I have my fingers crossed that it will work. If you'd like, I'll keep you posted. And, by the way, in addition to the fun Yo Yo Mo's and the lovely Mark's Bar & Grill, which other bar/grills would you recommend for us in Bucerias? Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
7. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

I don't care what, who ever they are, call it, it's very confusing. As I said Puerto Vallarta is a city in the State of Jalisco and Nuevo Vallarta is a tourist area in the State of Nayarit.

Tourists are confused enough already with "Old Town" which isn't very old, PVR which is an airport, now we have Vallarta-Nayarit

Redlands, California
reviews: 27
8. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Hmmmm, you blend Vallarta and Nayarit. You want to make margaritas with canned limeade or powdered drink mix in a place with abundant limes. No, thank you.

Redlands, California
reviews: 27
9. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Ten million dollars to promote in Vallarta-Nayarit. Promoting Nayarit seems to be the focus of all 18 of your posts. Nuevo has it's own forum, as do many towns in Nayarit. Self-promotion is unacceptable on TA.

Edwardsville...
reviews: 54
10. Re: Vallarta-Nayarit: Who has the BEST MARGARITA in town?

Vallarta-Nayarit? Right. And I grew up in Chicago, Wisconsin.

And Encanto has great margaritas.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta