We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Nightclubs & Excursions

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
reviews: 22
Great Nightclubs & Excursions

Hey guys & gals

My husband and I are headed to PV in a week... Exactly! I'm beyond excited as this is our first time to PV.

That being said, I love to dance. My husband doesn't dance. He prefers to sit & people watch. Where is a good place for us to go? It's just the 2 of us, we don't have any friends coming with us this time.

Also - we're looking for some good excursions. Nothing terribly active, and he cannot swim. Also - when we were in Maxatlan, we paid a taxi driver $80 for a 3 hour city tour, and had the BEST tour. would we be able to do that in Puerto Vallarta? Advice folks?

Thanks for your help & time.

Cheers,

Jai

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
1. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

What sort of music do you want to dance with ? You could probably get a taxi here for less, but we have an excellent public transport system and Vallarta is a very walkable town.

Winnipeg
reviews: 22
2. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

I'm pretty open to any music lol. :)

Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
3. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

Well here's short list,

Salsa - La Bodeguita del Medio, Malecón, - J&B, Hotel Zone

R&R - The Roxy, Natcho Daddy and Que?Pasa, South Side of town.

Recorded dance music - Andeles, south side.

Calgary, Canada
4. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

In terms of a tour, I've discovered in recent years many city taxi drivers don't know much about the city other than the areas they normally drive (I said many, not all). They're also not licensed or insured for tours, which means any mishaps - it's your fault and on your dime. Better to take a proper city tour, there are lots.

My personal preference is to use Superior Tours Vallarta for most tours. Fully licensed and insured, guides are excellent and well trained (and many are Vallarta natives so they know the area very well). They have predetermined tours or you could choose to create your own. They were the transportation team for the 2011 Pan-Am Games held in Mexico. (-:

Edited: 12:33 pm, May 18, 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 53
5. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

Food tours are an option for a smaller walking type tour...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k64144…

Public transportation in PV is excellent and tourists use it just as much as the locals so it's fun to take the bus to some of the villages/beaches south and not far away....but depends on where you're staying as to how far.

There are also all the clubs on the Malecon if you're into that type of music. Just walk the Malecon and take your pick.

Poland, Ohio
reviews: 31
6. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

where are you staying---that makes a difference how you get around

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 96
7. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

Sylvies Power Walk. vallartainfo.com/tours/power_walk/index.html

I have never done this yet but hear it is fantastic. A really great way to get the actual feel for the city. I have signed up for it in November. I am so excited I can hardly wait. :)

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
8. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

I've been wanting to do Sylvie's power walk also. Send me a PM if youu wish with when you're going on it. Maybe we can overlap.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 96
9. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

Hi pvdeb

Just sent you a PM :)

Nice, France
reviews: 31
10. Re: Great Nightclubs & Excursions

I agree with KansasPVgal -- food tours are a great way to see the city! I took both tours offered by Vallarta Eats last week (Tacos and More, which takes you around to a bunch of taco stands during the day, and Mole, Posole and More, where you go to several restaurants in the evening) and thoroughly enjoyed them. It was a great way to get to know some of the cuisine and customs of the region while getting acquainted with the area (mostly south of the Rio Cuale and inland from the bay a few blocks).

As for other excursions, this trip was the second time I've used Vallarta Adventures. They have a lot of day trips (and a few evening excursions) to choose from. You guys might enjoy the luxury sailing or sunset sail (both of which I've done and loved), or maybe the Rhythms of the Night experience (which I have not done but has been well reviewed here). They also offer jungle adventures with ziplines, rappelling, etc. (I haven't done those either.) I'd talk about other tour companies, but Vallarta Adventures is the only one I've used. If you do decide to go with them, you can save a lot by booking online before you go.

Have a great trip!